Looking ahead at the schedules

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Looking ahead at the schedules

Post by DK Sweets »

With the news that Adrian could be back as soon as the next game and knowing that Kyle Rudolph has been working on conditioning, I though now would be a nice time to look at how this division might play out over the rest of the season.

Detroit: 6-2
vs Miami
at Arizona
at New England

vs Chicago
vs Tampa Bay
vs The Good Guys
at Chicago
at Green Bay

9-7

Green Bay: 5-3
vs Chicago
vs Philly
at The Good Guys
vs New England

vs Atlanta
at Buffalo
at Tampa Bay
vs Detroit

10-6

Minnesota: 4-5
at Chicago
vs Green Bay
vs Carolina
vs Jets
at Detroit

at Miami
vs Chicago
9-7

Chicago 3-5
at Green Bay
vs The Good Guys
vs Tampa Bay
at Detroit
vs Dallas
vs New Orleans

vs Detroit
at The Good Guys
6-10

By my predictions, we barely lose a chance to make the playoffs (I think the Cowboys/Eagles and Cardinals/Seahawks will both win enough games to keep us out). Either way, I think the second half of this season is going to be a great one to follow.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Looking ahead at the schedules

Post by The Breeze »

I think we win in Chicago....but lose in Detroit. either way...the playoffs will be tough to reach The loss to the Bills really really hurt.
oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

Detroit 8-8: loses to Miami, Arizona, New England, vikings, packers, and @ bears.

Packers: loses to eagles, vikings, patriots, buffalo, also a good chance they lose to atlanta or @ tampa. lets just say 9-7.

Vikings with adrian peterson and rudolph: 10-6. We win all of the games except for Miami.

Cant wait to see the offense with adrian peterson back in it! We put up 34 against St. Louis and they beat Seattle and 49ers. Also we put up close to 30 points a game last year with you know who at qb.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

oldskoolvikingfan wrote:Detroit 8-8: loses to Miami, Arizona, New England, vikings, packers, and @ bears.

Packers: loses to eagles, vikings, patriots, buffalo, also a good chance they lose to atlanta or @ tampa. lets just say 9-7.

Vikings with adrian peterson and rudolph: 10-6. We win all of the games except for Miami.

Cant wait to see the offense with adrian peterson back in it! We put up 34 against St. Louis and they beat Seattle and 49ers. Also we put up close to 30 points a game last year with you know who at qb.

This is as unrealistic, and outlandish prediction I have seen during my time on this board.

Bravo, and please pass the kool-aid.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Ah, what the hell, going for broke. Vikings win em all, win the division, and beat the Cowboys in a wild card. That would make my year.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

CbusVikesFan wrote:Ah, what the hell, going for broke. Vikings win em all, win the division, and beat the Cowboys in a wild card. That would make my year.
Lol that would be incredible, swap out the 'Boys for the Pack though. :D
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

That 4th and 20 :wallbang:
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Boon wrote:That 4th and 20 :wallbang:
yep :lol:
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Purpnation wrote: Lol that would be incredible, swap out the 'Boys for the Pack though. :D
:thumbsup: lol, Pack, Eagles, Niners, Hawks, Boys, Cards,Saints. Vikings owe em all one.(or several)
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Mmm Homerism at its best :lol:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

There's definitely some Kool-Aid swiggin' going on here.

I think the Vikes will be lucky to finish with a winning record, though it's definitely not out of the question. I still think we're probably looking at an 8-8 or 7-9 season but hey, if they get Peterson back and they can build on these last two victories, who knows? Maybe they'll be playoff-bound. If they get 9+ wins, I'll be very impressed!

I'd be more optimistic if I saw a certain victory on the schedule but the Jets game is the closest I see to that and I'm not 100% confident about that game either.
purpletinted66
Starter

Post by purpletinted66 »

Come on vikings - u can do it!

You're the best around by Joe Esposito :

sent from tapatio talk
Last edited by purpletinted66 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldskoolvikingfan
Starter

Post by oldskoolvikingfan »

Purpnation wrote:
This is as unrealistic, and outlandish prediction I have seen during my time on this board.

Bravo, and please pass the kool-aid.
It was unrealistic that both Buffalo and Cleveland would be 5-3 after the first 8 games.
It was unrealistic that Arizona would be winning the division over the Seahawks.
It was unrealistic that the 2012 vikings won their last 4 games and finished 10-6 making the playoffs.
You get where im going here?
This is the NFL where anything can happen. Where teams that finished last in the nfl, make the playoffs the next year. Where superbowl champions fail to make the playoffs the next year.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

10-6
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Mothman wrote:There's definitely some Kool-Aid swiggin' going on here.

I think the Vikes will be lucky to finish with a winning record, though it's definitely not out of the question. I still think we're probably looking at an 8-8 or 7-9 season but hey, if they get Peterson back and they can build on these last two victories, who knows? Maybe they'll be playoff-bound. If they get 9+ wins, I'll be very impressed!

I'd be more optimistic if I saw a certain victory on the schedule but the Jets game is the closest I see to that and I'm not 100% confident about that game either.
Well, mock it out for us! It's easy to throw a number in a team and say "this is probably about how good they are". I want to see how you think these games fall. I personally think a lot of those games are winnable with our current roster, and I think with the added firepower of Rudolph and Peterson and the emotional lift that could bring, our team is poised for a nice second half.