Peterson plea deal...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Peterson plea deal...

Post by Mothman »

chicagopurple wrote:I question that assumption......for the price of APs contract you might develop a monsterous OL
They can do that without dumping Peterson's contract. It's not prohibitive in the big picture and if necessary, they could create cap space by cutting or renegotiating the contracts of players who don't possess the kind of game-changing ability Peterson does.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

I would love to find out, IF he would shut his trap, stop acting stupidly, be happy that the Vikes just paid him a years salary to just sit on his ####, and acted a little greatfull to still have a job, rather then making baseless claims of being misused and having his agents try to start fights within the organization. Sadly, I dont think AP is bright enough to do these things and will spend his days making bad decision, making even dumber statements, and being used by opportunist parasites.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

chicagopurple wrote:and having his agents try to start fights within the organization.
I highly doubt Peterson told his agent to start a fight.

“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

chicagopurple wrote:I would love to find out, IF he would shut his trap, stop acting stupidly, be happy that the Vikes just paid him a years salary to just sit on his ####, and acted a little greatfull to still have a job, rather then making baseless claims of being misused and having his agents try to start fights within the organization. Sadly, I dont think AP is bright enough to do these things and will spend his days making bad decision, making even dumber statements, and being used by opportunist parasites.

Here's where I am at right now... I know you don't think AD is very smart, and that's fine. But in his tenure here, he has never had any incidents like what is going on now... there has never been any issues with his attitude, his demeanor, his personal life (while it isn't completely morally acceptable to have many kids with different women, it isn't illegal), or just AD himself. This whole thing isn't making sense. Something is missing. Is his agent feeding him this advice? If so, why? He as ZERO leverage. Does AD really feel this way? He just gave an interview where he said he loves Minnesota and is only "uneasy" about coming back for good reasons (albeit brought on to himself).
I know most will disagree with me, and that is fine... but something with this whole last few weeks just seems odd... something just isn't lining up for me.

Edit: I could see this all happening when Percy HArvin or even Randy Moss were here. But not AD. It just doesn't make sense. It has actually been stressing me out because it doesn't make sense, and AD is probably my second favorits Viking of all time, after Randy Moss.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

He HAS had a number of issues. Repeated wreckless driving at high speeds (over 90 mph) in Minneapolis, drug use, illegitimate kids all across the country, etc....we just look the other way because the guys can play........
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

chicagopurple wrote:He HAS had a number of issues. Repeated wreckless driving at high speeds (over 90 mph) in Minneapolis, drug use, illegitimate kids all across the country, etc....we just look the other way because the guys can play........
When did he have a drug use issue?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

chicagopurple wrote:I think everyone getting all in a lather about losing AP are really missing the point. It is not keeping AP that is critical, its having the top-notch OL to make the holes for a good RB that is so important.
Although the combination of both those things could be pretty amazing!

Peterson hid the flaws with our line for the last several years, and those flaws were revealed last year. Get those fixed AND get Peterson back? From a football perspective that could be pretty amazing.

Still, I think if they can get a good return this is as good a time to trade him as they are going to have while he is still under contract.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

chicagopurple wrote:He HAS had a number of issues. Repeated wreckless driving at high speeds (over 90 mph) in Minneapolis, drug use, illegitimate kids all across the country, etc....we just look the other way because the guys can play........
If your such a morale person, why do you cheer for an organizations thats owners have been charged with stealing million of dollars, but yet cant get over what AP did seems like a double standard and completely idiotic.
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Here's where I am at right now... I know you don't think AD is very smart, and that's fine. But in his tenure here, he has never had any incidents like what is going on now... there has never been any issues with his attitude, his demeanor, his personal life (while it isn't completely morally acceptable to have many kids with different women, it isn't illegal), or just AD himself. This whole thing isn't making sense. Something is missing. Is his agent feeding him this advice? If so, why? He as ZERO leverage. Does AD really feel this way? He just gave an interview where he said he loves Minnesota and is only "uneasy" about coming back for good reasons (albeit brought on to himself).
I know most will disagree with me, and that is fine... but something with this whole last few weeks just seems odd... something just isn't lining up for me.
The missing piece might be Kevin Warren's promotion to Chief Operating Officer earlier this month.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: The missing piece might be Kevin Warren's promotion to Chief Operating Officer earlier this month.
You mean Adrian doesn't like that?
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Purple bruise wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzHUggk8kI

How quickly we forget!! This is not just any running back that can be replaced by a good running back playing behind a better line :confused:
Agree. AD brings much more than just a good running game. 8,9,10 in the box? Remember? No other back commands that kind of respect. Imagine having man coverage against Parker or Cooper the entire game. I saw a stat posted where Peterson still leads the league in rushes over 40yds even with limited playing time these past 2 seasons. He's like a productive running game, deep passing attack, and defense immobilizer all in one.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

fiestavike wrote: Although the combination of both those things could be pretty amazing!

Peterson hid the flaws with our line for the last several years, and those flaws were revealed last year. Get those fixed AND get Peterson back? From a football perspective that could be pretty amazing.

Still, I think if they can get a good return this is as good a time to trade him as they are going to have while he is still under contract.
This is the nuts of it for me. Assuming they plug the hole at left guard and the torn pecs heal on the right side this is possibly the best group Peterson has had. Throw in that the only time he has had a consistent QB was Favre's miracle year...and the success of that offense had more to do with Brent's prowess at directing an offense over anything Childress The Inflexible coordinated.

For years we've been waiting for this FO to build a team that AD can compliment to a degree worthy of his abilities rather than be a crutch for it's liabilities. I think a couple of seasons with Turner and TB would be something special. The time is now.
______

Peterson has done so much for the Vikings and the community there. To label him an embarrassment is ridiculously short sided and bordeline stupid. He did an ignorant dumb thing and it was embarrassing and alarming outside of the culture he comes from. It was really educational to hear about how many players from that region took it in stride. The child he hurt is his own and they have a lfetime to reconcile. I'm sure he is on the plus side as far as bringing joy into the lives of children everywhere. Parents frequently cross the line with corporal punishment...it's a fact of life. I doubt he will make a habit of it after this.

I just don't think he is a bad person and he's payed for his crime.

If for some reason he does't come back, the Vikes are still on the right track....but it would be something to see him bolster this offense.
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

What's up Viking family?

I'm trying to understand exactly how does AD feel as though the Vikings did him wrong? I honestly don't know exactly WHAT he expected them to do; he was being PAID while he wasn't playing and nearly everyone connected to the organization from team mates to the Head Coach to the General Manager has stood behind AD and have stated that they want him back. He had to realize that after the Ray Rice case that things were going to be different in his case especially since it involved a child. He honestly couldn't expect to still play while dealing with this matter. Or, did he expect to be reinstated after he copped that plea deal?
For those with wings, fly to your dreams
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Perception becomes reality when you have no way to discuss that perception.

In other words, what Peterson may think the front office did or did not do has now become his reality because he is not allowed to talk to them and clear the air.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Angels Wings
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Angels Wings »

Raptorman wrote:Perception becomes reality when you have no way to discuss that perception.

In other words, what Peterson may think the front office did or did not do has now become his reality because he is not allowed to talk to them and clear the air.
Agreed because right now AD feels as though the Vikings did him wrong when they really had no other choice in the matter.
For those with wings, fly to your dreams