Peterson plea deal...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

AP to accept plea?

Post by Pepper2Moss »

vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: AP to accept plea?

Post by vikeinmontana »

i wonder what this will mean for him and for the vikings?
i'm ready for a beer.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Hopefully it means he's back on the field next week! They said once his legal trouble was resolved he'd be back didn't they?!
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I wish he would wait for the official ruling. Getting a "not guilty" would be much easier for a fan base to support again.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

mondry wrote:Hopefully it means he's back on the field next week! They said once his legal trouble was resolved he'd be back didn't they?!
The League could still suspend him, plus I think they have to approve him coming off of the Commissioner's List.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

Even if he pleas I am sure Goodell suspends him. It's not like he was punished yet, well unless you count sitting at home and cashing millions of dollars in checks punishment.

Either way the only way I want him back is if he takes a HUGE payout next year. If not move on.
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Peterson plea deal...

Post by A.D_blazing »

Peterson plea deal would reduce charge to a misdemeanor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... sdemeanor/

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, a plea agreement (if reached) would reduce the pending felony child-abuse charges to a misdemeanor.

That would trigger less severe sanctions in the criminal justice system, and it also could result in a reduced punishment for Peterson by the NFL.

:rock:
maembe
Franchise Player

Re: Peterson plea deal...

Post by maembe »

I wonder what the Vikings would do in that situation
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

This'll get interesting. Hopefully we can all get along! :v):
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

NDVikeFan wrote:Even if he pleas I am sure Goodell suspends him. It's not like he was punished yet, well unless you count sitting at home and cashing millions of dollars in checks punishment.

Either way the only way I want him back is if he takes a HUGE payout next year. If not move on.
He's missed 8 games. They would probably just take a few paychecks I would think. I doubt he'd get more than 8 games for a misdemeanor.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

maembe wrote:I wonder what the Vikings would do in that situation
For a misdemeanor? Not much I would hope. He should take a paycut though.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

maembe wrote: He's missed 8 games. They would probably just take a few paychecks I would think. I doubt he'd get more than 8 games for a misdemeanor.
I thought this was a felony charge :?:
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Purple Reign wrote: I thought this was a felony charge :?:
It was, but there's no way Peterson would take a plea deal unless the charge was reduced to a misdemeanor.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Wondering if he might play a couple games at the end of the season, as a Vike. But there's still plenty of time for him to ge caught with some weed, and impregnate a few hundred more females between now and then, because condoms just are too expensive.
Gemfow
Rookie

Post by Gemfow »

NDVikeFan wrote:Even if he pleas I am sure Goodell suspends him. It's not like he was punished yet, well unless you count sitting at home and cashing millions of dollars in checks punishment.

Should he take a large paycut because he isn't producing the same? Or should he take the paycut because he will be 30 soon? Do you feel the same about any player who turns 30 if that's the answer? I'm just curious why you and some others feel he should take this large paycut when he has still showcased being the most game-changing RB in the game.

How soon we forget that this guy has faced 8 or 9 in the box for almost his whole career and still has racked up over thousand yards every season except when he blew his knee against the skins. A lot of these backs in the league now can't get those types of yards even when the defense is worried about the pass but we had Ponder.