Peterson plea deal...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Peterson plea deal...

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Oh... Well I stand corrected...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Sorry Mondry, I didn't read your post correctly :-(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Great football player, dumber than a bag of rocks when he speaks to the media, and probably not treated right by the NFL in regards to his case. After reading all of his quotes I really doubt he would take a pay cut.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

720pete wrote:Great football player, dumber than a bag of rocks when he speaks to the media, and probably not treated right by the NFL in regards to his case. After reading all of his quotes I really doubt he would take a pay cut.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Hard to tell, He certainly is not going to volunteer to take a paycut. But one of the article I read in the last day or so suggested that he might do better cutting his pay in half and staying with the Vikes, because he would probably get less elsewhere.

Who knows? :confused:
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PsyDanny wrote: I suspect Mondry is being facetious!
Lucky for him. His post would have been deleted if he actually meant to not support Purple Jesus...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Demi wrote:Lucky for him. His post would have been deleted if he actually meant to not support Purple Jesus...
That's not true but I can certainly delete your post if you'd like. Quit trying to stir up trouble.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

TSonn wrote:I understand this is still a sensitive topic and, clearly, an important issue, but...
How is Ray Rice reinstated before Adrian Peterson?
Rice essentially got an 11 game suspension and AD got a 15+ game suspension.

Great start to consistent domestic violence policy enforcement, NFL.
TSonn wrote:How can AD be punished for his appeal?
What I mean by that... Had AD not appealed, he would have only missed the remaining 6 games of this season. Since he appealed, which took 3 weeks in which an arbitrator ruled he HAD to stay on the exempt list, he now will miss 3 games this year and 3 games next year.
There's much for AD to try to fight legally but I would start here. Appealing a decision should never have added negative consequences.
I was busy when the news broke, but these are basically my thoughts so far. Disappointing, but I don't know why I should be surprised.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I think AP is worth around 3 wins for this years team. I feel strongly that Minnesota needs to retain him for next year. If the progression we're seeing continues, on top of AP's return, this will be a playoff team.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PacificNorseWest wrote:I think AP is worth around 3 wins for this years team. I feel strongly that Minnesota needs to retain him for next year. If the progression we're seeing continues, on top of AP's return, this will be a playoff team.
At first, I wouldn't even listen to talk like this for 2 reasons. The first was, I never saw remorse in AD's face or his comments. I have seen that now, and thanks to Goodell, has been fined/punished/whatever, way too much. I hope to god Goodell is gone.

The second is, I think he will take a pay cut to play with the Vikes. It will come down to money though. Maybe outright cutting him, and another team giving him more money, and he is gone.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I got wind today that supposedly Peterson is releasing some kind of statement regarding Troy Vincent tomorrow morning on "Good Morning America" at 7 am ET. Supposedly its suppose to be a "big deal" involving him somehow throwing Vincent under the bus for something he said to AP in confidence. Has anyone else heard of such thing?? A friend of mine said he just saw it on TV tonight
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I got wind today that supposedly Peterson is releasing some kind of statement regarding Troy Vincent tomorrow morning on "Good Morning America" at 7 am ET. Supposedly its suppose to be a "big deal" involving him somehow throwing Vincent under the bus for something he said to AP in confidence. Has anyone else heard of such thing?? A friend of mine said he just saw it on TV tonight
Here you go. The recordings between Vincent and AP will be played on Good Morning America.
On Monday, in an exclusive report from ABC News on Good Morning America, audio recordings will be heard between Peterson and NFL executive Troy Vincent.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3649430.shtml
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Raptorman wrote: Here you go. The recordings between Vincent and AP will be played on Good Morning America.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3649430.shtml
Yes. This is going to get awesome. The NFL is going to hate it. A suspended Peterson = an angry Peterson.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

And if a suspended Peterson means he's an angry Peterson, then he should run angry next season. The rest of the NFL don't want that...It's gonna go down in 2015, boys.

*prays it's in a Vikings uniform*
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PacificNorseWest wrote:And if a suspended Peterson means he's an angry Peterson, then he should run angry next season. The rest of the NFL don't want that...It's gonna go down in 2015, boys.

*prays it's in a Vikings uniform*
But Peterson being reinstated is dependent upon Goodell's say so. while I commend Peterson for releasing these recordings and sticking it to the NFL, it won't help his chances of being reinstated early next year.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm looking forward to this. The NFL has gone way too far with this.