Peterson plea deal...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Peterson plea deal...

Post by Raptorman »

I expected nothing else. Henderson statement reads like it was written by Goodell. I see a lawsuit being filed early next week.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
DavidKarki
Veteran

Post by DavidKarki »

frosted wrote:His appeal was denied. Still out until April 15th.

And beyond that. If the current suspension length stands, AP would miss the first 3 games of the 2015 season.

And that's only if he goes to New York on 4/15 and kisses Goodell's butt, humbly prostrates himself before the dictator, and grovels sufficiently to show "remorse." There is no assurance that anything AP says or does will be sufficient...just Goodell's pompous and self-righteous pronouncements declaring AP "unremorseful."

Were I AP, there is a part of me that would be unable to do that while keeping my manhood and self-respect intact. I would be sorely tempted, once the NFLPA lawsuit against the NFL is done, to just file retirement papers and leave the sport a healthy and wealthy young man. And on my way out of the public scene, to hold a press conference ripping Goodell to shreds and telling HIM to kiss MY ####.
--Dave
GO VIKINGS!!!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I'm wondering how this affects his making the HOF someday; the voters don't always just look at stats, alone.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

Let this be a lesson to everyone else in the league. Never, ever, for any reason, agree to go on the commissioner's exempt list.
Ardenn
Backup

Post by Ardenn »

maembe wrote:Let this be a lesson to everyone else in the league. Never, ever, for any reason, agree to go on the commissioner's exempt list.
Didn't you hear? Under the new new domestic abuse policy, it is not optional. If I read it correctly, any player under indictment can be put on the list, at Goodell's discretion.
cody_2664
Transition Player

Post by cody_2664 »

We should cut him. The money they have in him next year is just not worth it. This team has a new image now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forum Fiend v1.2.
Is this OUR year?
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

How can AD be punished for his appeal?
What I mean by that... Had AD not appealed, he would have only missed the remaining 6 games of this season. Since he appealed, which took 3 weeks in which an arbitrator ruled he HAD to stay on the exempt list, he now will miss 3 games this year and 3 games next year.
There's much for AD to try to fight legally but I would start here. Appealing a decision should never have added negative consequences.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

TSonn wrote:How can AD be punished for his appeal?
What I mean by that... Had AD not appealed, he would have only missed the remaining 6 games of this season. Since he appealed, which took 3 weeks in which an arbitrator ruled he HAD to stay on the exempt list, he now will miss 3 games this year and 3 games next year.
There's much for AD to try to fight legally but I would start here. Appealing a decision should never have added negative consequences.
Was the suspension actually six games or was it until April 15th? NFL.com seems to imply the latter: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... eal-denied

AD just needs to bow before emperor Goodell and if he deems him sufficiently sorry, he can be reinstated.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Essentially Peterson is getting an 18 game suspension, with 12 paid and 6 unpaid for the incident. If you read Henderson's statement it appears that whatever Vincent said to Peterson was totally dismissed by Henderson. So, if Vincent didn't have anything to do with the possible suspension, why was he involved in the first place?
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

maembe wrote: Was the suspension actually six games or was it until April 15th? NFL.com seems to imply the latter: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... eal-denied

AD just needs to bow before emperor Goodell and if he deems him sufficiently sorry, he can be reinstated.
Yeah, there seems to be confusion on the suspension. Some places are reporting it is 6 games (3 games this season and 3 games next season) while others are reporting it is 6 game checks (3 games this season and 3 extra game checks with no games missed). If he does, in fact, have to miss time next season that is some absolute BULL since he voluntarily went on the exempt list and then was not able to take himself off it during the appeal process.

"Why don't you come on down to the police station? We're not gonna arrest you but we definitely won't let you leave either".
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

DavidKarki wrote:
Were I AP, there is a part of me that would be unable to do that while keeping my manhood and self-respect intact. I would be sorely tempted, once the NFLPA lawsuit against the NFL is done, to just file retirement papers and leave the sport a healthy and wealthy young man. And on my way out of the public scene, to hold a press conference ripping Goodell to shreds and telling HIM to kiss MY ####.
I agree, I would lose what respect I have for AP should he decide to grovel in order to save his career. It might be time for him to move on and do something else with his life, after he sues the NFL for all he can get. His numbers stand for themselves given the short time in which he amassed them. He'll certainly be regarded as the greatest back of his generation as it is now. Unfortunately he's been victimized by a confluence of bizarre circumstances and the public's moral confusion.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Raptorman wrote:I expected nothing else. Henderson statement reads like it was written by Goodell. I see a lawsuit being filed early next week.
Ain't that the truth.

How in the hell can an "independent arbitrator" be an NFL lackey like Henderson? Gee, no conflict of interest there.

Meanwhile, an actual independent arbitrator has deemed Ray Rice eligible now. A guy who knocked out his wife cold gets half the punishment of AP.

The next CBA negotiations are not going to be pretty.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I know I am probably wrong here, and I mentioned it before, but I bet if AD had been on a more 'popular' team, this wouldn't have gone on so long. And still goes on. And why would Ray Rice just get off like he had. Are they really telling players, don't cooperate with us? They are literally going to leave the Vikings hanging for another 7-12 months?
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

lose respect for him are you kidding me?????????? this guy plead guilty and admitted his crime, so what is the issue? the real issue is that the nfl's disciplinary policy is a joke across the board. no matter what, a man who mike tyson's his wife compared to what peterson did is not even in the same ball park in my opinion. he should sue, and i think he will, and i hope he wins. this is a JOKE.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I hope that the Vikes can salvage a draft pick or a trade partner for AD.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.