Young Theodore Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 21 Year Old Ted Bridgewater

Post by mosscarter »

either way patterson clearly put his hand up to shield the sun and slowed down.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

mosscarter wrote:either way patterson clearly put his hand up to shield the sun and slowed down.
Yes, he clearly put his hand up but I don't think it was to shield the sun. It looks like he was just throwing his hand up out of frustration knowing that he was wide open and would have been a td if the ball wasn't overthrown.
Dirtyswabby
Starter

Post by Dirtyswabby »

Im inclined to agree that Patterson was shielding his eyes from the Sun, as he slowed up before he put his hand up, to me it shows he slowed up because he lost sight of it. Either way I still think it was too far over his head to do anything.
Representing the Vikings In Raleigh, NC
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Dirtyswabby wrote:Im inclined to agree that Patterson was shielding his eyes from the Sun, as he slowed up before he put his hand up, to me it shows he slowed up because he lost sight of it. Either way I still think it was too far over his head to do anything.
So are you saying that you don't believe Zimmer? :) Obviously the only person who knows for sure is Patterson and for some reason he hasn't come out and said whether or not he lost the ball in the sun, at least I couldn't find anything, just Zimmer's comment.

Quote from an ESPN article:

The second-year receiver is still learning some of what it takes to be successful in the NFL, and miscommunications seem at the heart of what happened on Sunday; Zimmer said Patterson didn't lose the ball in the sun, and added, "Cordarrelle's got to do a little better job of catching it."
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The only ting that really worries me is his deep ball. They have all been awful. That throw to Patterson was so horrible... Ponder would have made that throw.

But the other phases of his game are really getting better, and you could see his confidence grow the further into the game he went.
Ponder probably would not have made that throw, certainly not in his first season (and he was drafted as a senior, so there was that too). Maybe Cassell. Ponder, as most know, would have been flushed out of the pocket, looked hard at Patterson, and threw it directly into the hands of the other team's safety playing 5 yards in from CP. All the while, Jennings would have been wide open. That's just how Ponder rolls.

Patterson also is starting to show why HE dropped in that draft. He has always had questions about his focus on route running. There was a perception that phase of his game would be difficult to coach up because he comes off as a space cadet sometimes. He's also pretty young...people forget that.

The things to watch about Bridgewater are tougher to notice if you're just casually watching. It's his awareness and his ability to kind of work wonders in the pocket with his feet, his judgement, and his ability to improvise. These are important things that really come from having real confidence in your ability. I only hope that confidence doesn't get beat out of him as it was to T-Jack early in his tenure. As for Ponder, it's doubtful he ever had that kind of confidence. He seemed to try and make up for it by being a good student and knowing the playbook well. Oftentimes, it's the critical difference between a NFL starter and a career backup. There's a reason why there are a lot of guys on practice squads with the same athletic ability, size, and arm as Tom Brady or Drew Brees, but there is only one Tom Brady and Drew Brees.
-Rus
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Rus wrote:Ponder probably would not have made that throw, certainly not in his first season (and he was drafted as a senior, so there was that too). Maybe Cassell. Ponder, as most know, would have been flushed out of the pocket, looked hard at Patterson, and threw it directly into the hands of the other team's safety playing 5 yards in from CP. All the while, Jennings would have been wide open. That's just how Ponder rolls
It never ends. :(
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

I wonder how Brooks Bollinger would have made that throw. Or maybe Kelly Holcomb? Could Brad Johnson even throw that far?
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Rus wrote: Ponder probably would not have made that throw, certainly not in his first season (and he was drafted as a senior, so there was that too). Maybe Cassell. Ponder, as most know, would have been flushed out of the pocket, looked hard at Patterson, and threw it directly into the hands of the other team's safety playing 5 yards in from CP. All the while, Jennings would have been wide open. That's just how Ponder rolls.
So how in the world did he ever make this throw in his very first start? :wallbang:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-ana ... sive-Start
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple Reign wrote:So how in the world did he ever make this throw in his very first start? :wallbang:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-ana ... sive-Start
I was actually thinking the same thing. Ponder's very first NFL pass was a deep completion to a wide open receiver!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

And for every throw like that he had, he missed a half dozen open receivers down field. In many cases throwing the ball five yards out of bounds....
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Ahem... let's get back to Bridgewater... this thread isn't about Ponder.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:Ahem... let's get back to Bridgewater... this thread isn't about Ponder.
Bridgewater is a funny name.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Bridgewater is a funny name.
And Ponder isn't? Ponder has clearly got a weirder name than Bridgewater!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

For your film junkies. Good stuff here.

Vikings Rewind: Two-minute Teddy
Bridgewater in the final two minutes of the half is 26 of 40 for 305 yards with one touchdown, one interception and an 85.9 quarterback rating. For a rookie, that’s very impressive given the challenges created under two minutes, which might be the toughest situation a quarterback faces during a game.
http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... nute-teddy
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

dead_poet wrote:For your film junkies. Good stuff here.

Vikings Rewind: Two-minute Teddy
http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... nute-teddy
Very impressive :thumbsup:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri