Young Theodore Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

frosted
Career Elite Player

Young Theodore Bridgewater

Post by frosted »

Teddy doesn't turn 22 until next Monday.

Think about that, fellow VMBers.

The kid is rapidly improving.

How good will he be at 25?
Last edited by frosted on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 21 Year Old Ted Bridgewater

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The only ting that really worries me is his deep ball. They have all been awful. That throw to Patterson was so horrible... Ponder would have made that throw.

But the other phases of his game are really getting better, and you could see his confidence grow the further into the game he went.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

He's growing before our eyes.

Impressed with:

how he moves and feels pressure in the pocket
how he keeps his eyes downfield and thinks pass first (although I would have liked him to run on that 4th and 2)
how he hangs in the pocket even though he knows he's going to get hit
how he goes through his progressions
his overall decision making
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

frosted wrote:Teddy doesn't turn 22 until next Monday.

Think about that, fellow VMBers.

The kid is rapidly improving.

How good will he be at 25?
Hopefully, he'll be fantastic!

It's pretty amazing that he's this good at 21.

PMR: he'll get the deep ball down. It's frustrating that they're missing opportunities but he has the arm talent and he's a good passer overall, so I'm sure that's just a matter of putting in the work and getting a feel for how much to put on the ball and when.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The only ting that really worries me is his deep ball. They have all been awful. That throw to Patterson was so horrible... Ponder would have made that throw.

But the other phases of his game are really getting better, and you could see his confidence grow the further into the game he went.

They say he hits those in practice. It's just a matter of time.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Lieber just said on kfan that people complain about his deep ball , and understandably so, but that if given the choice between him having an awesome deep ball or that ravenous killer instinct late in games that the choice is easy. he says that he sees a different QB when the game is on the line and to be honest I agree 100%. He can clean up his deep passes, you can't teach killer instinct
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Boon wrote:Lieber just said on kfan that people complain about his deep ball , and understandably so, but that if given the choice between him having an awesome deep ball or that ravenous killer instinct late in games that the choice is easy. he says that he sees a different QB when the game is on the line and to be honest I agree 100%. He can clean up his deep passes, you can't teach killer instinct
True. Its funny how every QB going back to Culpepper always underthrew the deep ball, but Teddy always overthrows it. I do like his short game. He seems to make the right reads which Ponder seemed to struggle with.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Boon wrote:Lieber just said on kfan that people complain about his deep ball , and understandably so, but that if given the choice between him having an awesome deep ball or that ravenous killer instinct late in games that the choice is easy. he says that he sees a different QB when the game is on the line and to be honest I agree 100%. He can clean up his deep passes, you can't teach killer instinct
If he had the deep ball we wouldn't be worrying about what he does late in the game. Completions on those and we're talking 10+ points in each of these last two games.

Remember, the talk when he dropped was about his horrible pro day, especially accuracy on the deep throws. Thought I saw some bad throws from Ponder. He's missed about a half dozen wide open receivers down field these last two games. :(

Hopefully he figures it out, but it's hardly a given, just look at his backup.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Teddy is 3-2 as a starter and has three come from behind wins in those starts.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

808vikingsfan wrote:Teddy is 3-2 as a starter and has three come from behind wins in those starts.
And he should have been 4-1
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote:
Hopefully he figures it out, but it's hardly a given, just look at his backup.
I really don't even think the 2 are comparable. "Looking at his backup" doesn't really say much at all
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

There it is.

Haven't had a QB with killer instinct since Favre, and that only lasted a year. At 21 years old, Teddy's gonna give us a lot more than one year.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

Let's not get carried away. He was absolutely terrible for the first 29 minutes of the game and had been bad for several weeks.

That said, I definitely saw some positives from him after an abysmal start, which is tough to do. He definitely didn't let that rough stretch bother him and he seems to get better under pressure. I think he sees the field well for a rookie and definitely has the smarts. He does need to work on his accuracy though. His deep balls have been awful and he has missed several easy touchdowns. If he can get that figured out I think he has potential.

On a side note, I couldn't really tell about that one to Patterson. Was it a bad throw or did Patterson lose it in the sun? It looked like he was right there and didn't even try for it: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/2/7 ... -patterson
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

maembe wrote: had been bad for several weeks.
He has??
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote: He has??
He hasn't been all that good. He needs to get more accurate on some throws. Today was a big step in the right direction.