Young Theodore Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Young Theodore Bridgewater

Post by Mothman »

This is basically a Teddy Bridgewater puff piece but I thought this info was interesting and I couldn't recall if it had been posted before:

http://www.foxsports.com/north/story/mi ... ter-010215
Bridgewater, who said he's spoken "a lot" with Donovan McNabb for guidance, is accepting of his leadership position, which should only grow with his standing as the starting quarterback.

He plans to get together with his receivers in the offseason, saying he wants to bring the group to Florida to work with them. Receiver Cordarrelle Patterson already said he plans to spend time working with Bridgewater in the offseason.

"It will be very important," Bridgewater said. "We just want to continue to build on the momentum that we have right now. We have an understanding of what the coaching staff is trying to do here. We have a great understanding of the system now. It will be pretty exciting heading to this offseason and heading to our second year in the system."
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote:This is basically a Teddy Bridgewater puff piece but I thought this info was interesting and I couldn't recall if it had been posted before:

That sounds promising :)
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:This is basically a Teddy Bridgewater puff piece but I thought this info was interesting and I couldn't recall if it had been posted before:

So maybe McNabb is the guy Zimmer appointed to mentor Teddy?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:So maybe McNabb is the guy Zimmer appointed to mentor Teddy?
I'm guessing McNabb's first piece of advice was "Don't keep hurling the ball into the ground at the feet of your receivers like I did, or the Vikes will bench you!".
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

and thats where rg3 failed, he ignored donovan mcnabb and trusted shanahan with his career lol
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

McNabb can also point out where the softest areas of NFC fields are to fall down on and curl up in the fecal position.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

The Breeze wrote:McNabb can also point out where the softest areas of NFC fields are to fall down on and curl up in the fecal position.
the fecal position? :shock: :puke:
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

saint33 wrote: the fecal position? :shock: :puke:
Sorry, but I'm one of the dummies who was excited to get McNabb that year. I thought it one of the best possible situations for Ponder.

Turned out to be dog doo....
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Mothman wrote: I'm guessing McNabb's first piece of advice was "Don't keep hurling the ball into the ground at the feet of your receivers like I did, or the Vikes will bench you!".
This would have been my first piece of advice to Teddy. Then whatever Ponder told you on the field, do the opposite. :flamed:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The Breeze wrote: Sorry, but I'm one of the dummies who was excited to get McNabb that year. I thought it one of the best possible situations for Ponder.

Turned out to be dog doo....
I thikn you meant "fetal" position... Fecal position sounds disgusting. 8)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Something I stole from another board. I know Teddy does not have 16 games, but it's something to think about for the first 4 games of next year, a yardstick say to measure his progress.

Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I thikn you meant "fetal" position... Fecal position sounds disgusting. 8)
No, his reference to 'dog doo' makes it pretty clear he meant fecal. :D
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Mothman wrote: I'm guessing McNabb's first piece of advice was "Don't keep hurling the ball into the ground at the feet of your receivers like I did, or the Vikes will bench you!".
I'm hoping his advice is something more like "work on your mechanics and footwork so you don't end up consistently hurling the ball at the feet of your receivers"
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Raptorman wrote:Something I stole from another board. I know Teddy does not have 16 games, but it's something to think about for the first 4 games of next year, a yardstick say to measure his progress.

If there were just some way to remove Tebow, Palmer, and Cutler from that list, I'd be a lot more optimistic if I saw Teddy's name pop onto it.
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

VikingLord wrote: If there were just some way to remove Tebow, Palmer, and Cutler from that list, I'd be a lot more optimistic if I saw Teddy's name pop onto it.
Didnt Cam Newton have 35 tds his rookie year... Strange hes not listed