Young Theodore Bridgewater

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Young Theodore Bridgewater

Post by DK Sweets »

WOAH. Nice stat.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I can’t believe the Babyface thing hasn’t come up in the media yet. It just seems like an obvious nickname for him.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
A.D_blazing
Transition Player

Post by A.D_blazing »

The Difference Between Teddy Bridgewater And (Insert Vikings QB Name Here Except Brett Favre in 2009)
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/12/16 ... gs-qb-name
Yeah, we are. And that right there is the difference between Bridgewater and every quarterback the Vikings have had since Daunte Culpepper left, minus Favre in 2009. Heck, you could even argue that we had this conversation about Culpepper until 2004. Bridgewater has flipped the conversation to not 'can he play', but 'how good is he going to be', essentially.
I would even take the argument one step further than Seifert, and say that we have gone from 'can he play' to 'how good is this kid going to be', because when you step back and remember that he's only a rookie who has played 12 games...you can't help but get excited thinking about the possibilities.

Consider some of his achievements:

5-5 record as a starter.

4 game tying or game winning drives in the 4th quarter or overtime.

3 300 yard passing games this year. The Vikings, as a team, had 300 yards passing once in 2010, once in 2011, once in 2012, and once in 2013. In Favre's Deal With The Devil Year of 2009, the Vikings had four. And he did that with an All Pro wide receiver (Sidney Rice), another wide receiver that was the NFL Rookie of the Year (Percy Harvin), a tight end that was the best red zone threat in the NFL (Visanthe Shiancoe, 11 receiving TD's) and Adrian Peterson, in his prime.
Teddy Bridgewater has shifted the paradigm here in Minnesota regarding the quarterback position. It's about time.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I have to admit, I was worried about if he could play for most of the season. Anymore, I just wonder how good he will end up.

I've said this before and I was demonized for it, but I think he's going to be a lot like Donovan McNabb (the good one in Philadelphia, not the one we saw in purple). He's athletic and is going to win a lot of games, but you'll occasionally see a bit of insccuracy. All-in-all, good enough to win if you give him a good enough team.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

DKSweets wrote:I have to admit, I was worried about if he could play for most of the season. Anymore, I just wonder how good he will end up.

I've said this before and I was demonized for it, but I think he's going to be a lot like Donovan McNabb (the good one in Philadelphia, not the one we saw in purple). He's athletic and is going to win a lot of games, but you'll occasionally see a bit of insccuracy. All-in-all, good enough to win if you give him a good enough team.
The thing that makes me excited is his work ethic and toughness. Zimmer has stated several times that BW wants to be great. He's also mentioned that the ball rarely hits the ground during practice. Upstairs, I think he has the ability to be similar to Peyton.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

3 300 yard passing games this year. The Vikings, as a team, had 300 yards passing once in 2010, once in 2011, once in 2012, and once in 2013.
That is an incredible statistic. I mean, we can try to diminish it by saying that Peterson allowed us to run the ball more, and that limited our passing yards. But I was there. I saw the games. Maybe you did too! There is no comparison between what Teddy looks like on the field and what McNabb, Ponder, Jackson, Cassel, and Webb showed. At this moment, even if what we've seen is his absolute ceiling, I think he's still the best QB we've put on the field since 2009. Is there any disputing this now?

Cautionary tale though. Kaepernick was the best young QB in the league in many people's eyes after three straight NFC Championship game appearances, and now I wouldn't even begin to consider a one-for-one trade, Colin for Teddy.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

kaepernick is a running qb--teddy is not. think how well he did simply because the read option was unfamiliar to most defenses, but once they figured it out he's never been the same qb.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

3 300 yard passing games this year. The Vikings, as a team, had 300 yards passing once in 2010, once in 2011, once in 2012, and once in 2013.
Wowww that's crazy :shock:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
liquid_mojo
Veteran

Post by liquid_mojo »

This was an encouraging statistical breakdown of where Teddy stands in relation to 51 other rookie QBs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2301 ... g-young-qb
:point: :thumbsup:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Wowww that's crazy :shock:
Yet what seems to be more important then that, is to prove Teddy's first INT Sunday, was just a horribly inaccurate pass, that had nothing to do with CJ saying it was his own fault, or had a LB draped all over him, kicking CJ's feet just enough, to make it impossible to catch or even try to catch.

Forget the fact Teddys is putting up 300+ yard games, with basically below average WRs, and injured TE, and an Oline that's among the worst ive seen. And for the love of god! Don't say was might, just might, have found our QB of the future.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Yet what seems to be more important then that, is to prove Teddy's first INT Sunday, was just a horribly inaccurate pass, that had nothing to do with CJ saying it was his own fault, or had a LB draped all over him, kicking CJ's feet just enough, to make it impossible to catch or even try to catch.
Well hey, I've already put in my two cents regarding that. You already know how I feel about Teddy.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I would like to beg we keep discussing that interception in the gameday thread.

As far as Teddy goes, he has calmed my nerves a lot recently. I really feel like if he adds a bit of muscle and continues working on his mechanics, he has everything he will need to be a really good player for a lot of years.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Teddddddddddddddyyyyyyy!!!

That's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

John_Viveiros wrote: That is an incredible statistic. I mean, we can try to diminish it by saying that Peterson allowed us to run the ball more, and that limited our passing yards. But I was there. I saw the games. Maybe you did too! There is no comparison between what Teddy looks like on the field and what McNabb, Ponder, Jackson, Cassel, and Webb showed. At this moment, even if what we've seen is his absolute ceiling, I think he's still the best QB we've put on the field since 2009. Is there any disputing this now?

Cautionary tale though. Kaepernick was the best young QB in the league in many people's eyes after three straight NFC Championship game appearances, and now I wouldn't even begin to consider a one-for-one trade, Colin for Teddy.
I was thinking something similar after the Bears lost to the Saints. Prior to this year, I would've taken Cutler in a heartbeat. Not anymore. It got me thinking. What current QB would I take in place of Bridgewater now? The list isn't very long. Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Newton, Romo. Maybe Flacco, Rivers, or Stafford. That's about it for me. Yeah, purple shades. I'm not saying Bridewater is the 9th best QB right now. I just think his upside can be really, really good.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

808vikingsfan wrote: I was thinking something similar after the Bears lost to the Saints. Prior to this year, I would've taken Cutler in a heartbeat. Not anymore. It got me thinking. What current QB would I take in place of Bridgewater now? The list isn't very long. Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Newton, Romo. Maybe Flacco, Rivers, or Stafford. That's about it for me. Yeah, purple shades. I'm not saying Bridewater is the 9th best QB right now. I just think his upside can be really, really good.
When you say now, how literally do you mean "now"? Because I think Tom Brady and Peyton Manning could probably have helped this team out this year.