Redskins @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 9

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Redskins @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 9

Post by DK Sweets »

Watching those highlights, I realized I had forgotten just how amazing of an athlete T-Jack was.

But yeah, not the same type of QB in the slightest.
Demi
Commissioner

Re: Redskins @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 9

Post by Demi »

The Breeze wrote: sometimes i wonder if that is a prerequisite to becoming a sports fan.
Amen...
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

not on this forum apparently. people are so stuck in the past why even bring that bum up?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Tjoke? Really? Just going to skip right by #7 and go to Tjoke?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Tjoke? Really? Just going to skip right by #7 and go to Tjoke?
Why are we even talking about either #7??? Neither have anything to do with the game we just won. Who cares what they did?? Teddy is now and that's all we have to focus on.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Why are we even talking about either #7??? Neither have anything to do with the game we just won. Who cares what they did?? Teddy is now and that's all we have to focus on.
I agree completely. I am just wondering how the comparing of Tjoke and Teddy have taken place. At least give him a year and see how many jump passes he has. Seriously though, that comparison should even be made at this time.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Why are we even talking about either #7??? Neither have anything to do with the game we just won. Who cares what they did?? Teddy is now and that's all we have to focus on.
Because we're talking about deep ball accuracy. Which both #7 and Tjoke were terrible at. And yet some people felt like they could just work on it, and they'd improve. It didn't work for either of them. But now we're suppose to believe it will for Teddy. That's what it has to do with the game we just won. At least two big missed opportunities in that game because of that lack of accuracy down field...
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Demi wrote: Because we're talking about deep ball accuracy. Which both #7 and Tjoke were terrible at. And yet some people felt like they could just work on it, and they'd improve. It didn't work for either of them. But now we're suppose to believe it will for Teddy. That's what it has to do with the game we just won. At least two big missed opportunities in that game because of that lack of accuracy down field...
Umm he needs a little time? Maybe a year, and then have at him? Its not like reaching for a 3rd rd. pick in the first rd with #7. Teddy at one time was ranked the overall number one pick. His deep ball will get better. But with the way hes so clutch, maybe he just needs the treat of a deep ball. He is probably confused about being told not to run, and then getting chewed out because he didn't run. Btw, who the heck is our 3rd string QB? Or maybe the 2nd QB.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

comparing either number 7 (who should both remain nameless on this board for all eternity) to teddy at this point of his career is baseless. teddy has two things that those guys never had that can't be taught: poise and guts. he made several bad throws deep, but how many times have our receiver's actually been open deep? he was probably as shocked as anyone to see patterson actually doing what he should have been doing all year and simply panicked. something that people are failing to truly discuss is that our receivers aren't really that good at all, and personally i had much higher expectations. simpson is a trouble maker and had to be let go, but i'd be willing to bet his stats would be much better than jennings or pattersons.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I agree about Simpson. He really let us, and Simpson down. At least we would have had 2 number @ WR's. Even Mike Morris was talking how Jennings really wasn't a #1 WR. Why cant we find a WR that can get off the line and run some routes?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I agree about Simpson. He really let us, and Simpson down. At least we would have had 2 number @ WR's. Even Mike Morris was talking how Jennings really wasn't a #1 WR. Why cant we find a WR that can get off the line and run some routes?
Are there any free agents coming up this year that could help?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

mosscarter wrote:comparing either number 7 (who should both remain nameless on this board for all eternity) to teddy at this point of his career is baseless. teddy has two things that those guys never had that can't be taught: poise and guts. he made several bad throws deep, but how many times have our receiver's actually been open deep? he was probably as shocked as anyone to see patterson actually doing what he should have been doing all year and simply panicked. something that people are failing to truly discuss is that our receivers aren't really that good at all, and personally i had much higher expectations. simpson is a trouble maker and had to be let go, but i'd be willing to bet his stats would be much better than jennings or pattersons.
I think you are misinterpreting the comments about the other #7s. I don't think those comments were comparing Teddy to them, they were just in response to people's opinions that Teddy's deep ball will get better with time/practice, which they should, but it's not a guarantee and those comments were given as evidence to support that opinion, not a comparison.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i'm not sure who is out there purplekoolaid, but teddy sure has been asked to do a lot for a rookie. a few weeks back, i figured he might totally wilt under the circumstances, but he hasn't. he did make bad throws this past sunday to patterson, but patterson has been nonexistent in about 7 of their 9 games this year. to me, he has been by far the biggest disappointment. i figured he'd have close to 1,000 yards and about 9 td's.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Purple Reign wrote: I think you are misinterpreting the comments about the other #7s. I don't think those comments were comparing Teddy to them, they were just in response to people's opinions that Teddy's deep ball will get better with time/practice, which they should, but it's not a guarantee and those comments were given as evidence to support that opinion, not a comparison.
Purple bruise wrote:Dam we have another Tarvaris Jackson on our hands :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
Purple bruise wrote:The similarites were quite evident in that first 1 1/2 quarters. Staring down receivers, overthrowing them, needing 8 yds. on third down and dumping off a short pass that had zero chance of gaining a first. Granted his play was much improved the rest of the game but we all suffered through TJ looking promising one moment and sucking the next. I hope that TB turns out to be great, he has all the tools and attitude to do just that but man it is frustrating to see him play like that (TJ #2). Keep in mid that the passing game averaged only 6n yards a play.
com·pare
verb
estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

frosted wrote: com·pare
verb
estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.
Sorry - my bad - those quotes are comparisons. I guess I was only responding to the latest comments and should have been more specific about which comments I was referring to.
Demi wrote: Because we're talking about deep ball accuracy. Which both #7 and Tjoke were terrible at. And yet some people felt like they could just work on it, and they'd improve. It didn't work for either of them. But now we're suppose to believe it will for Teddy. That's what it has to do with the game we just won. At least two big missed opportunities in that game because of that lack of accuracy down field...
PurpleKoolaid wrote: Umm he needs a little time? Maybe a year, and then have at him? Its not like reaching for a 3rd rd. pick in the first rd with #7. Teddy at one time was ranked the overall number one pick. His deep ball will get better. But with the way hes so clutch, maybe he just needs the treat of a deep ball. He is probably confused about being told not to run, and then getting chewed out because he didn't run. Btw, who the heck is our 3rd string QB? Or maybe the 2nd QB.