Redskins @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 9

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Redskins @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 9

Post by mmvikes »

OMG. Brady just overthrenw his RB on a swing pass by 5 yds. He must be the worst QB ever. Even the best QBS miss sometimes miss. Don't hate on Bridgewater.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Today the Vikings had sacks on three consecutive plays for the first time since December 28, 2003... in other words, a game that never really happened...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
purpletinted66
Starter

Post by purpletinted66 »

If Washington took care of Dallas, and we took care of Washington, we are coming around pretty nice, and may even vie for a spot in the playoffs. Team just needs to stay healthy (esp. TB), and stay the course with play like today's.

I 10xs love Asiata's utilizing. Big game for that guy.

sent from tapatio talk
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Boon wrote:
a stat that seriously matters. they did good.
Especially for an offense that came into the game with a 11% TD/drive ratio, which was dead last in the nfl.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote: Especially for an offense that came into the game with a 11% TD/drive ratio, which was dead last in the nfl.

Vikings were also 8/15 on 3rd down. Curious to know how many were from passing. Seemed like time and time again, Bridgewater overcame a 3rd and long with a great pass
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

Positives:
+ Barr is still a beast.
+ Floyd and Griffen also continued to be dominant. Our D-line has been great
+ Captain with another pick
+ Teddy had a rough start but played really well for the last 31 minutes of the game, especially when it really mattered
+ The O line was decent for the most part
+ We didn't poop the bed on Washington's last drive

Negatives:
- Officiating. That roughing the passer penalty was unreal.
- Greenway is terrible. I seriously think we should consider getting Audi or Mauti some reps in his place
- I'm sure I don't need to mention the deep balls
- D-Jax is really good, but other than roughing the passer penalties, he was their primary offense. It seemed like we could have done a better job on him.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

maembe wrote: - Greenway is terrible. I seriously think we should consider getting Audi or Mauti some reps in his place
I wouldnt go that far. He was inches away from recording 2 sacks today and racked up 8 tackles. He's definitely not what he used to be but I wouldnt say he's terrible
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I wouldnt go that far. He was inches away from recording 2 sacks today and racked up 8 tackles. He's definitely not what he used to be but I wouldnt say he's terrible
He got beat bad, today. He had the monster sack, but he is getting slower every game, and isn't wrapping up as well. I want to see what Cole or Mauti can do. I bet the get as many tackles as Chad. But the sack Greenway had, that was awesome. And Greenway is such a classy guy, I hate to see him benched, but maybe let the others in for every other series.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: He got beat bad, today. He had the monster sack, but he is getting slower every game, and isn't wrapping up as well. I want to see what Cole or Mauti can do. I bet the get as many tackles as Chad. But the sack Greenway had, that was awesome. And Greenway is such a classy guy, I hate to see him benched, but maybe let the others in for every other series.
Cole or Mauti wouldnt take his spot. It would be Hodges. As for Chad, he is great veteran to have on that side of the ball. He still makes his plays but misses plays as well
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Yeah, I guess I meant more of Cole in general. Mauti looks fine, and Hodges is, imo, very good LB. Less Greenway and Jasper. And Barr in on every single play. Heck he could play CB if asked.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

me4get wrote: Can't intentionally take a delay of game under 2 minutes in the half.
Really? So tell me what are they going to do if they intentionally try to take a delay of game penalty - just let the clock keep running? smh
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Yeah, I guess I meant more of Cole in general. Mauti looks fine, and Hodges is, imo, very good LB. Less Greenway and Jasper. And Barr in on every single play. Heck he could play CB if asked.
Yeah Jasper is just ok to me. He doesn't ever impress me but doesn't really kill us. We simply need a thumper in the middle with Zim's defense and that's all Brinkley is. We could definitely find a better, more athletic guy than him in the draft or FA. Please Denzel Perryman!!!! :clap:
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

me4get wrote: Upalpable unfair act. Can award a TD for that penalty.
I realize I'm way late to the party here, but I can't let this go without a comment. Obviously you have no clue what a 'palpably unfair act' is. By definition, it is defined as a case of any illegal action that the officials deem has clearly and indisputably deprived a team of a score. Taking a delay of game penalty doesn't even come close to this definition.

Examples would be:
-A member of the defensive team coming off the sidelines and interfering with a member of the offensive team in an attempt to score a touchdown.
-A member of the defense continually charging at the center prior to the snap in order to prevent the offense from snapping the ball.
-Continually calling defensive signals in a manner designed to draw the offense offside.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I found this and it involved the Vikings oddly enough:

Rule 12-3-2: The defense shall not commit successive or continued fouls to prevent a score. Penalty: For continuous fouls to prevent a score: If the violation is repeated after a warning, the score involved is awarded to the offensive team.

Minnesota Vikings at Philadelphia Eagles, November 19, 1989:

Associated Press, February 5, 1990, reporting on Buddy Ryan's fine for using a 14-man "Polish Punt Team":

Philadelphia (AP) - The National Football League fined Eagles coach Buddy Ryan for deliberately using an illegal punt formation November 19 in the final seconds of a 10-9 victory over the Minnesota Vikings, according to a report.

The Delaware County Sunday Times, citing an unnamed source close to the team, reported that Ryan was fined $3,500 for intentionally sending too many players onto the field, hoping to draw a penalty and run down the game clock....

In the game at Veterans Stadium, with 1:15 remaining, the Eagles took over the ball and tried to run out the clock. Quarterback Randall Cunningham went down on one knee for three downs and the Eagles took a delay of game penalty on the fourth, but 15 seconds still remained.

The Eagles were facing a fourth-and-22 from their own 24-yard line, and Ryan sent out his punt team, with a few extra players, according to the report.

Officials, apparently, did not notice the additional players and no penalty was called when the Eagles punted the ball.

The Vikings got the ball on their own 42-yard line with time for one play, but Eagles defensive back William Frizzell intercepted a Vikings pass to end the game.

http://quirkyresearch.blogspot.ca/2009/ ... nfair.html

Buddy Ryan...what an a$$hat
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

The Breeze wrote:I found this and it involved the Vikings oddly enough:

Rule 12-3-2: The defense shall not commit successive or continued fouls to prevent a score. Penalty: For continuous fouls to prevent a score: If the violation is repeated after a warning, the score involved is awarded to the offensive team.
Correct, but this rule only applies to the defense. Letting the clock run down and taking a delay of game penalty can only be committed by the offense, not the defense, so the statement from me4get about not being able to intentionally take a delay of game penalty in the last 2 minutes of a half is incorrect and backed up by you pointing out that Philadelphia took a delay of game penalty on 4th down with 15 seconds left.