Redskins @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 9

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purpnation
Franchise Player

Re: Redskins @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 9

Post by Purpnation »

Purple bruise wrote:Despite what similarities you think you saw, the fact remains that they are two completely different types of players, not similar in the slightest, except for being black and both fairly mobile. Every "Similarity" you listed, are just the problems that bad/inexperienced QBs face, especially early in their career, again, they are NOTHING alike as players.

As to your gripes about throwing short of the down on 3rd down, I see elite QBs do this very often, when it comes to throwing it short and trying the let your WR make a play, or forcing a pass and getting it picked off, which would you choose?
[/quote]

So my take on this is dismissed by you by saying that there are no similarities at all :roll: Well I see a whole lot and I do not feel any need to repeat myself. Looks familar to me good and bad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BedyFzCRwk[/quote]

Cool, too bad they are nothing alike as players, in the slightest.

The similarities end at skin color.
Last edited by Purpnation on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Demi wrote: Because we're talking about deep ball accuracy. Which both #7 and Tjoke were terrible at. And yet some people felt like they could just work on it, and they'd improve. It didn't work for either of them. But now we're suppose to believe it will for Teddy. That's what it has to do with the game we just won. At least two big missed opportunities in that game because of that lack of accuracy down field...
What happened with T-Jack and Ponder has no bearing on what will happen with Bridgewater. There have been plenty of QBs to improve their deep ball over time.
Last edited by Purpnation on Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Enough with the insinuations of racism. If that keeps up this thread will be locked.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:Enough with the insinuations of racism. If that keeps up this thread will be locked.
I think it should be treated as good fan/bad fan stuff and warrant warnings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I think it should be treated as good fan/bad fan stuff and warrant warnings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I never once insinuated any form of racism, I'm puzzled as to where you are getting good fan/bad fan talk from.

Only the truth, the two players are nothing alike on the field. But I digress, I will speak no more on the subject.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Purpnation wrote: I never once insinuated any form of racism, I'm puzzled as to where you are getting good fan/bad fan talk from.

Only the truth, the two players are nothing alike on the field. But I digress, I will speak no more on the subject.
When Tarvaris Jackson was our QB, the overthrown deep ball and check down to Tahi on 3rd & 8 were staples of his game. In this game, we saw overthrown deep balls and unrealistic check downs on long 3rd downs. It's not that Teddy plays the same way that TJack does; it's the fact that the results were looking similar for a period of time early in the game.
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

DKSweets wrote: When Tarvaris Jackson was our QB, the overthrown deep ball and check down to Tahi on 3rd & 8 were staples of his game. In this game, we saw overthrown deep balls and unrealistic check downs on long 3rd downs. It's not that Teddy plays the same way that TJack does; it's the fact that the results were looking similar for a period of time early in the game.
I agree, but the comment "Dam we have another Tarvaris Jackson on our hands" implies more then just the results being similar.