Keys to victory today!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Keys to victory today!

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Super pumped for the game today. I think the main key to victory is getting after Griffin. We have to blitz a lot! Also running the ball is key, the skins gave up 150+ yards on the ground last week. Our o line needs to step up and dominate the line of scrimmage.
SKOL Vikings!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Keys to victory today!

Post by Mothman »

Norv Zimmer wrote:Super pumped for the game today. I think the main key to victory is getting after Griffin. We have to blitz a lot! Also running the ball is key, the skins gave up 150+ yards on the ground last week. Our o line needs to step up and dominate the line of scrimmage.
SKOL Vikings!
I think they have to be careful about blitzing too much because the Redskins have the weapons to burn them badly down the field. I agree that running will be a big key and I think stopping the run will be equally important. Alfred Morris can get it done and the Vikes pass rush will be that much more effective if they can make the Redskins offense one-dimensional.

The #1 key: SCORE! I know that's obvious but since the Vikes have been struggling to do it lately, I thought I'd mention it. ;) They've scored 3 offensive TDs in 4 games! They need to break that streak and do whatever it takes to get in the end zone more often today, even if that means Turner has to dig down to the bottom of his playbook.
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Mothman wrote: I think they have to be careful about blitzing too much because the Redskins have the weapons to burn them badly down the field. I agree that running will be a big key and I think stopping the run will be equally important. Alfred Morris can get it done and the Vikes pass rush will be that much more effective if they can make the Redskins offense one-dimensional.

The #1 key: SCORE! I know that's obvious but since the Vikes have been struggling to do it lately, I thought I'd mention it. ;) They've scored 3 offensive TDs in 4 games! They need to break that streak and do whatever it takes to get in the end zone more often today, even if that means Turner has to dig down to the bottom of his playbook.
Agreed. Last week Norm seemed to open up the passing game in the second half. In the first half it was all short passes. Probably an attempt to get Teddy comfortable, but IMO he could have opened it up a little sooner. Teddy's stats were very good in the first half, but it wasn't leading to any points. Teddy's completion percentage went down quite a bit when he was throwing deeper passes in the 3rd and 4th qtrs but I enjoyed seeing them make the attempts. He will never improve on the deeper passes if he doesn't get to throw them.
That said, if the Redskins blitz today like they did Monday night, TB may not have time for any deeper routes to develop. I hope he sees and understands what Washington is doing with their blitz and shreds them. Being a rookie, we don't know how well TB will pick it up.
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

One key to this game is that we need the Redskins buses to crash into each on the way to the game, that would help immensely
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

saint33 wrote:One key to this game is that we need the Redskins buses to crash into each on the way to the game, that would help immensely
Haha thanks to MPLS's finest officers, who missed the exit off of 94

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Key to the game? Offense. Our offense needs to score more than the Redskins offense :P