This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Washington Redskins

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Washington Redskins

Post by Mothman »

Cliff wrote:I feel like I knew that but somehow it didn't register. How many games do those 52 drives cover?

I assume 4. They scored 1 offensive TD against GB, 0 against the Lions, 1 against Buffalo and 1 against Tampa Bay. The really bad news is that one of those TDs came in garbage time against GB and was scored by everybody's favorite Vikings quarterback.
It seems amazing that we had even one win during that span. The defense just earned even more respect from me.
They've hung pretty tough against the last 3 opponents, although they weren't exactly facing a trio of offensive juggernauts.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

23-16 skins.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

@christomasson · 3 hours ago
In 2 career games vs. Vikings, Robert Griffin III has completed 41 of 59 passes for 463 yards, 4TD 1 INT Has run 20 times for 182 yards, 2TD

@christomasson · 2 hours ago
Mike Zimmer says it's possible Kyle Rudolph could return nov 16 at Chicago

@christomasson · 2 hours ago
Chandler harnish out for a while with a fracture in his foot Vikings will look at some other qb prospects tomorrow for prac squad

@christomasson · 35 minutes ago
Penalty-prone late-round picks Antone Exum, Jabari Price will soon find out if they've been replaced on special teams

@MasterStrib · 3 hours ago
Vladimir Ducasse said he's healthy, but Joe Berger continued to receive first team reps at right guard. #Vikings

@MasterStrib · 5 hours ago
Cordarrelle Patterson expects to be 100 percent on Sunday against the Redskins. #Vikings

@mattvensel · 6 hours ago
DC George Edwards said the #Vikings are working diligently to prepare for RGIII now, though they still feel there is a chance McCoy plays.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

fiestavike wrote:23-16 skins.
Are you sure you are a vikes fan? You always seem to pick the other team. Haha I say 34-7 Vikes. Barr has another monster game and the offense finally gets rolling. Oh and Xavier has a int!
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Chandler harnish out for a while with a fracture in his foot Vikings will look at some other qb prospects tomorrow for prac squad
They should be looking at other prospects for the #2 QB while they're at it. :wallbang:
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Demi wrote: They should be looking at other prospects for the #2 QB while they're at it. :wallbang:
QB's are Rick's specialty. Should be no problem to find 2 of them. Piece of cake.

I'm a bit off tonight, I had a biopsy done on my finger, and the bastards never told me it would hurt like this. Im in a foul mood and want to go to the Doc's house tonight and cut off part of his finger, and then sew it together like I would imagine Heller Keller could.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: I'm a bit off tonight, I had a biopsy done on my finger, and the bastards never told me it would hurt like this. Im in a foul mood and want to go to the Doc's house tonight and cut off part of his finger, and then sew it together like I would imagine Heller Keller could.
Sorry to hear that man, hope everything turns out alright for you.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

DKSweets wrote:Sorry to hear that man, hope everything turns out alright for you.
Thanks. The doctor was sick, coughing all over me, and didn't have an assistant, which made me want to get it done at another time. But he said it was nothing...its a finger I broke once playing football, and the other time, volleyball. So its been all knotted up for a few years, and I wanted to find out why.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Norv Zimmer wrote: Are you sure you are a vikes fan? You always seem to pick the other team. Haha I say 34-7 Vikes. Barr has another monster game and the offense finally gets rolling. Oh and Xavier has a int!
I think I picked the vikings last week! didn't I?

Anyway, hope I'm wrong this week. just a hunch that RGIII will have a couple long plays against us and our offense will continue to struggle this week.

I'd like to see McKinnon get at least 1 yard on every carry, average 5.3 or above, and get at least 25 touches.
I'd also like to see Teddy complete 2 passes over 30 yards.

If we do those two things I think we'll win.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

fiestavike wrote: I think I picked the vikings last week! didn't I?

Anyway, hope I'm wrong this week. just a hunch that RGIII will have a couple long plays against us and our offense will continue to struggle this week.

I'd like to see McKinnon get at least 1 yard on every carry, average 5.3 or above, and get at least 25 touches.
I'd also like to see Teddy complete 2 passes over 30 yards.

If we do those two things I think we'll win.
I hope Mckinnon gets more than "1 yard on every carry". :wink:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

While I see Zulgad's point, I'm not sure I agree.

Griffin's return for Washington should be welcome news to Vikings
Mike Zimmer, the longtime NFL defensive coordinator and first-year Vikings coach, is overseeing a Minnesota defense that isn't great but appears to be much improved over 2013.

Washington's loss in that game to Minnesota last fall came four days after it beat San Diego, 30-24, in a Sunday afternoon game. The date of that victory was Nov. 3. That was the last time Griffin started and finished a game that the Redskins won.

That means if Griffin can't beat the Vikings on Sunday, he will have gone a year without earning a victory in a game in which he went the entire way.

This is likely to be on Griffin's mind when he takes the field Sunday at TCF Bank Stadium. So will the fact that his teammates will be looking for him to continue a winning streak he did not start.

Can Griffin stay on the field? Can he have success? Can he find an identity as an NFL quarterback? All of these questions are unanswered and could cause doubt in Griffin's mind.

McCoy, meanwhile, has no such doubt right now. He actually would be the tougher matchup Sunday. But it sounds as if the Vikings won't see him. For that, they should be very happy.
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Zulg ... ings103014
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:While I see Zulgad's point, I'm not sure I agree.
I see his point too but it's basically a "wait and see" situation. Griffin could easily be rusty or make some mistakes due to a lack of sufficient playing time in Gruden's offense or he could come out on fire, rejuvenated after recovering from his injury and ready to seize the reigns of the team. Maybe it will be a little of both.

At this point, I'm seeing the matchup between the Washington defense and the Vikings "score one TD a game if we're lucky" offense as the bigger concern in this game.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

That means if Griffin can't beat the Vikings on Sunday, he will have gone a year without earning a victory in a game in which he went the entire way.

This is likely to be on Griffin's mind when he takes the field Sunday at TCF Bank Stadium.
Somehow, I feel like RG3 might have more important things on his mind when he takes the field than a random streak coined by a reporter.

Like, I don't know, not getting killed by Anthony Barr, or finding open receivers ... stuff like that.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Mothman wrote: I see his point too but it's basically a "wait and see" situation. Griffin could easily be rusty or make some mistakes due to a lack of sufficient playing time in Gruden's offense or he could come out on fire, rejuvenated after recovering from his injury and ready to seize the reigns of the team. Maybe it will be a little of both.

At this point, I'm seeing the matchup between the Washington defense and the Vikings "score one TD a game if we're lucky" offense as the bigger concern in this game.

I believe the Vikings offense is closer to being productive than one might think. Once they start connecting with the deep ball (missed at least 3 opportunities the past couple of games), I think everything will open up for them. It's just a matter of time. But they have to stay healthy. It's hard to show improvement when they're always swapping players.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Yeah, Teddy's deep ball needs some work. But we gave #7 3 years, Im hoping Teddy can be a competitor in 2.