Could Adam Thielen play TE?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Could Adam Thielen play TE?

Post by 720pete »

Question is in the title. He seems like a pretty good sized receiver and had a great preseason. But he has been all but invisible during the regular season with 4 catches for 57 yards. Could we plug him in at TE considering that we have lost Rudolph for at least a few more games?
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: Could Adam Thielen play TE?

Post by jackal »

possible, he had some good down field blocks in preseason... one on that big Patterson run i believe
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

At 201 pounds??? Not a chance this will happen. And he's been invisible because he is the #5 WR right now
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Yeah he's pretty darn small.
And he's invisible because he isn't that good...
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Demi wrote:Yeah he's pretty darn small.
And he's invisible because he isn't that good...
He's invisible because the coaching staff doesn't think he is better then Wright. I disagree.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: He's invisible because the coaching staff doesn't think he is better then Wright. I disagree.
WHAAAT?!!! :shock: How in the world do you think Thielen is better than Wright??? How can you even justify that? Thielen's preaeason games?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:At 201 pounds??? Not a chance this will happen. And he's been invisible because he is the #5 WR right now
Yeah, I don't even know where this idea comes from. Tight end has to be able to block. Thielen would get killed.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

It's has become clear that some people here don't view Thielen's skill set realistically...

He's not big enough for TE, or honestly even close to it. He'd be better in the slot...and Jarius Wright plays that position better.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

DKSweets wrote:It's has become clear that some people here don't view Thielen's skill set realistically...

He's not big enough for TE, or honestly even close to it. He'd be better in the slot...and Jarius Wright plays that position better.
Bingo!
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I just hope Thielen continues to develop. He's an easy guy to hope for.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PsychSavage
Waterboy

Post by PsychSavage »

Slow does not equal tight end
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

But he's from Minnesota, so we have to use him.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

PsychSavage wrote:Slow does not equal tight end
That's the only way it'd make sense. :lol:

Not sure why they kept Thielen over Smith. Special teams probably...
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

DKSweets wrote:It's has become clear that some people here don't view Thielen's skill set realistically...

Because he has been given more opportunities then Thielen. It impossible to make a comparison when one hasn't had a chance to show how good (or bad) he is. Ive seen Wright. I bet if I looked up his numbers, they would be closer to the bottom of the portion of WRs with the same playing time. Yahtzee!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Because he has been given more opportunities then Thielen. It impossible to make a comparison when one hasn't had a chance to show how good (or bad) he is. Ive seen Wright. I bet if I looked up his numbers, they would be closer to the bottom of the portion of WRs with the same playing time. Yahtzee!
If it's impossible to make a comparison then how can you possibly sit there and say Thielen is better than Wright????

Arizona, Denver, Green Bay, Indy, New Orleans, Philly, Pit, SD, and SF.

.....9 teams that have a better #3 WR statistically this season than Wright. Which puts him in the upper third of the league. Sorry but you're wrong again. If you're going to criticize a player and say that he just "isn't good" (which is the same claim you make for most Viking players) you might want to actually look into how they are currently playing rather than just going off your negative opinions. Just a suggestion. Yahtzee!
-Chazz Palminteri