Vincent Jackson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: Vincent Jackson

Post by mondry »

Well we gotta remember one guy is being coached by Frazier now and the other is being coached by Zimmer, that's incredibly important and in favor of blanton. Once Zimmer works his super coaching magic how would it look?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter -- Bucs finalized a trade of S Mark Barron to Rams, per source.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:
I think he might actually be a downgrade. Blanton has played pretty well this year.
I like Blanton and he his shown progress. That said, I would still be curious to see what Zimmer could to with Barron. Curious what the Rams gave for him. Barron was the one name out there on the trade market that intrigued me.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote: I like Blanton and he his shown progress. That said, I would still be curious to see what Zimmer could to with Barron. Curious what the Rams gave for him. Barron was the one name out there on the trade market that intrigued me.
They gave fourth- and sixth-round picks.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: They gave fourth- and sixth-round picks.
Thanks Poet.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I would still like to have Larry Fitzgerald. I know he looks done, but he just belongs in Minnesota. Just like Jackson, though, that cap hit is stupid.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Did anyone else see that Jonathan Casillas was traded from Tampa to NE for a 5TH AND 6TH ROUND PICK???!!!! That's a terrible move IMO. I would have snapped if Spielman ever did that. He is a backup LB and you give up two draft picks for him?? I have always questioned New England's front office. I think their consistency year after year has to do with Belicick more than anything. There front office makes bad moves after bad moves.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
frosted
Career Elite Player

Vincent Jackson

Post by frosted »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Did anyone else see that Jonathan Casillas was traded from Tampa to NE for a 5TH AND 6TH ROUND PICK???!!!! That's a terrible move IMO. I would have snapped if Spielman ever did that. He is a backup LB and you give up two draft picks for him?? I have always questioned New England's front office. I think their consistency year after year has to do with Belicick more than anything. There front office makes bad moves after bad moves.
I think you're mistaken, the Bucs gave Casillas and their 6th for the Pats 5th.

It's Bill calling the personnel shots in NE as well as coaching, FWIW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

frosted21 wrote: I think you're mistaken, the Bucs gave Casillas and their 6th for the Pats 5th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes definitely just read that wrong. My bad. Still question NE's front office at times though
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Man I would love to have Fitzgerald finish here. I have always admired him and he has the
cool Cris Carter/ Randy Moss connection
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

jackal wrote:Man I would love to have Fitzgerald finish here. I have always admired him and he has the
cool Cris Carter/ Randy Moss connection
He's too old, remember? We gotta recruit them in high school, and hopefully get then in the draft at 19. Because that's all that matters, youth. Cant have old men running around. And yet we cant get rid of them in time while they still have value.

If we got Fitz, that would make my year. But we haven't yet, and most likely never will. He has a better chance of seeing the SB in AZ anyway. Maybe after that Rick can trade Phil and Kalil for him.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote: He's too old, remember? We gotta recruit them in high school, and hopefully get then in the draft at 19. Because that's all that matters, youth. Cant have old men running around. And yet we cant get rid of them in time while they still have value.

If we got Fitz, that would make my year. But we haven't yet, and most likely never will. He has a better chance of seeing the SB in AZ anyway. Maybe after that Rick can trade Phil and Kalil for him.
Get rid of both tackles for an aging WR? Yeah great idea :roll: That's about as unrealistic as it gets

As for Jackson, why give up valuable picks for an aging WR that has pretty much disappeared?? Not to mention, his salary is up there as well. That's something the Raiders would do. Look where all those old players got them this year. A bunch of wasted money and 0 wins. It's a great approach though :shock:
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I would take Fitzgerald over Jackson

Better work ethic IMO
Better Team guy
Better route guy and better hands

Jackson has always been a deep threat guy ...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... oo-passive

Barron says Lovie's defense too passive...
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... oo-passive

Barron says Lovie's defense too passive...
It's a defense that requires discipline, patience and intelligence to play effectively but it can look awfully good when the right pieces are in place.

It makes sense that Barron wouldn't fit it. He's much more of a "downhill", in the box safety. I think coverage is the weakest part of his game.