Vincent Jackson

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Vincent Jackson

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Are the trade rumors true? Ive heard it twice now, but cant find any proof. He is one guy, even though he's fairly old, I would love to see on this team. A real WR for Teddy would be Christmas for us all.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Vincent Jackson

Post by frosted »

That would be a move I could definitely not get behind. His contract is absurd, and he is on the decline IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I like the player, but I hate the contract. I think he could be very valuable to Teddy, but that would be a lot of money invested in our receivers/Rudolph.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

But..... We lose AD's ridiculous contract.
Why not ?
VJax, CP, Jennings creates a very unique 3WR set.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Old, slow, and on the decline. No thanks! Last thing we need right now is more old players!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote:Old, slow, and on the decline. No thanks! Last thing we need right now is more old players!
Well it's not like we have a lot of old players now. We're the 3rd youngest team in the league. However, no way do I want Jackson. It's probably going to cost too much and he's on the wrong side of his career. A 2nd-3rd round pick is way more valuable than him
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Pass.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

My question would be how much and where would he fit in. He is better than Jennings imo, so if the money is right? How about some help on the O line?
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

lol let's get another skill position player when 75% of our problem is pass protection... BRILLIANT!
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

no way
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

It's makes much more sense for a team that is serious contention to vie for Jackson....like the Seahawks^^

Any team that thinks he could put them over the top some.

Not us though.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I don't know what his contract is. But, not having a good WR is hurting Teddy as much as the line is. There are quite a few older WR's that are good now in the NFL, sadly, Jennings isn't one of them. Wright is non existent, CP had his first big game with 6 catches. I would trade him in an instant for Jackson.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:I don't know what his contract is. But, not having a good WR is hurting Teddy as much as the line is. There are quite a few older WR's that are good now in the NFL, sadly, Jennings isn't one of them. Wright is non existent, CP had his first big game with 6 catches. I would trade him in an instant for Jackson.
Jennings is still a good receiver.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

fiestavike wrote: Jennings is still a good receiver.
Good? I don't even think he is above average (except on our team). Vincent is awesome, and has been his whole career. I don't think we will get him, because of the cap, but he is well worth a 3 year contract, just to boast Teddy's confidence. I think our WR's could learn a lot from him, if we could sign a 3 year deal. Even if we had to give up a late 1st/early second for him. Winfield was 35, and we we lost him, our DBs went on a huge decline. Vincent could do the opposite for our WR's.