Vikings @ Buccaneers Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 8

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings @ Buccaneers Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week

Post by DK Sweets »

I really don't care if it looked ugly, it was a win. We need those in the worst way.

Positives: Sharrif Floyd looked worthy of the draft position and taking over for Williams. Everson Griffen looked worthy of his contract and taking over for Allen. Anthony Barr just looks insane.

Captain actually had an INT.

Jerick McKinnon is looking like a capable guy if...well, you know.

Patterson had his best game in over a month.

Negatives: Anthony Barr/Xavier Rhodes got beat for that late TD. Anthony Barr did his part to make up for it, but this is two weeks in a row where Xavier lets up a big play after having a nice game. We can't be having that.

Our offense for most of the day still looks completely overmatched, and it didn't look like it was anything special that the Buccaneers did. We need to see more of Jennings/Patterson/McKinnon, and hopefully Rudolph returning can help things out.

Teddy might not be getting much help, but he's not looking so good himself, either.

We play in the same division as the Lions(?!) and Packers.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

It was a very surprising win. I thought it was over after we choked on defense again. I was proven wrong.

Tampa's offense came alive in the 4th. The players who I thought would beat us did for the most part in the 4th quarter. We did a good job on Vincent Jackson though.

Offensively, we looked sluggish most of the day. I was impressed by Jerrick and very confused as to why Asiata was getting the majority of the work in the 4th quarter. Cordarrelle finally had a good game, as did Jennings. Teddy did better today, but his deep ball just isn't there right now.

Defensively, Everson Griffen and Anthony Barr are going to terrorize opposing offenses for a long time to come. It is still very frustrating for me to see us collapse in the 4th quarter though. Hopefully, that can change.

Overall, we won in Tampa Bay for the first time since 1997 and the first time ever in Raymond James. I am glad we won. On to Washington. Skol Vikings.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Teddy's touchdown pass was the first throw featured in Dilfer's Dime segment on Sportscenter tonight. Awesome. What a beautiful throw while knowing he was gonna get smashed.

When's the last time we had someone featured during that segment? It's only been around a few years so maybe it's our unfortunate first?
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Dont get tooo excited. We just struggled mightily to beat what is likely the worst team in the league, and it took overtime. Still, it is better then losing to them !
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

chicagopurple wrote:Dont get tooo excited. We just struggled mightily to beat what is likely the worst team in the league, and it took overtime. Still, it is better then losing to them !
Yes doctor but I doubt that they are a worse team than the Jags or the winless Raiders.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Edit: Double post!
Last edited by TSonn on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

chicagopurple wrote:Dont get tooo excited. We just struggled mightily to beat what is likely the worst team in the league, and it took overtime. Still, it is better then losing to them !
Yeah it was just against the Bucs, but the Bucs beat the Steelers and anytime we win an outdoor away game it's a huge deal for the Vikings. Last week we almost had one too, so maybe we are seeing a change in culture...
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

TSonn wrote: Yeah it was just against the Bucs, but the Bucs beat the Steelers and anytime we win an outdoor away game it's a huge deal for the Vikings. Last week we almost had one too, so maybe we are seeing a change in culture...
The Vikings could have been 7-0 and I still wouldn't have been surprised if they lost to the Bucs in Tampa.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

TSonn wrote:Teddy's touchdown pass was the first throw featured in Dilfer's Dime segment on Sportscenter tonight. Awesome. What a beautiful throw while knowing he was gonna get smashed.

When's the last time we had someone featured during that segment? It's only been around a few years so maybe it's our unfortunate first?
Yeah speaking of that play, Berger was burned badly by McCoy on that play. Boy do I miss Fusco
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.