Prediction for game at Tampa Bay

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Prediction for game at Tampa Bay

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I don't see us winning this game... I think it could be a sort of "coming out" party for Frazier's defense.

Tampa Bay 17
Minnesota 7
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Prediction for game at Tampa Bay

Post by Pepper2Moss »

The main thing I want to see from this game is better protection for Teddy & for him to be able to show signs of progress. If we endure another 4-5 sack game in which he's forcing throws & not able to go through his reads, I'm going to be disappointed. All in all, this game should be very winnable. I don't really like the Frazier aspect of it because I do like the guy as a person, maybe he was in over his head as the HC the last couple of years, but he did do some things right.

I'm going to predict Teddy gets his first multiple TD game with touchdowns to Jennings & Wright. McKinnon breaks a long TD run to break Tampa's back in the second half. The defense allows a TD to VJax & Rainey, but forces Glennon to 2 turnovers and gets pressure on him throughout the game. Vikes win 27-17.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

This is going to be like the atlanta game. There will be people talking about standing and how we could possibly make the playoffs with a strong finish after our performance against TB this Sunday. I'll say 38-12 Vikings.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I don't like the set-up: second road game in a row, frustrated opponent coming off a blowout loss and the bye week, potentially hot weather and a venue that hasn't been kind to the Vikes. My head says the Vikes are the better team and should win this game. My gut feeling is that they come up short in a close one.

I'll predict TB 24, MIN 17.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Hard to say. The worst part, if we win, it's just the Bucs. If we lose - it's going to get really bad around here. I might take a vacation if we lose.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

The confidence meter was at zero Monday. Today it is about a 5. By Sunday morning it will either be back to zero or a ten. Just wonder if it will be another snatch defeat from the jaws of victory game again.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Is it bad that I don't even care to predict the outcome of this game?

All I want is progress, especially on the offensive side of the ball. The defense is moving in the right direction, but the offense is making me depressed.

And let's call it like it is, like everybody on this board has been saying for a long time. The line needs to play like professionals for once.

As a fan, I find it demoralizing that our line can't protect its quarterback. I get tired of worrying whether our latest franchise quarterback-hopeful can withstand the psychological beating that comes with constant pummeling. Christian Ponder couldn't handle it. Teddy Bridgewater looked like a world-beater when he had protection -- without it, he looks a lot like Ponder. I'm tired of that. We've been forced to watch it for the better part of five years, and it's just getting old. Don't throw 2012 at me. That year's success was completely due to the superhuman efforts of Adrian Peterson, a man who has masked the overall offensive ineptitude of this franchise that has existed for every year of his career except for 2009.

Just get better. Do that, and it will feel like a win.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Vikings win this. 20-13
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Low scoring affair.

Vikings 14
Bucs 6
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:I don't like the set-up: second road game in a row, frustrated opponent coming off a blowout loss and the bye week, potentially hot weather and a venue that hasn't been kind to the Vikes. My head says the Vikes are the better team and should win this game. My gut feeling is that they come up short in a close one.

I'll predict TB 24, MIN 17.
:rofl: ok, ok...and what about YOUR feet?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

fiestavike wrote: :rofl: ok, ok...and what about YOUR feet?
Deja vu ?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote: :rofl: ok, ok...and what about YOUR feet?
They say the Vikes will win big so I say: "Feets, don't fail me now!"
nfcnorthchamps25
Backup

Post by nfcnorthchamps25 »

I think this is one of the three games the vikes will win from here on out. Predicting a 5-11 finish at this point. Have a feeling Bridgewater is gonna have another game like his Atlanta game against fraziers soft cover two scheme
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

We should beat them. But with both Lovie and Fraizer in TB now, we will have some old fashioned Vikings luck, and lose it in the same way we lost to the Bills.

20-17 TB.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:We should beat them. But with both Lovie and Fraizer in TB now, we will have some old fashioned Vikings luck, and lose it in the same way we lost to the Bills.

20-17 TB.
Is it coincidence that the Bucs are dead last in pass defense? Sound familiar? :lol:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter