This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Feel free to dismiss their offense. I refuse to. Stats aren't always the tell-all thing in the NFL. Just as easily as their offense could struggle, they could easily go off on our team. At the end of the day, they have a potentially dangerous offense. Zimmer better be ready just in case Tampa Bay suddenly wakes up.
With the way our defense has been playing against MUCH better teams, I don't understand what worries you so much
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: With the way our defense has been playing against MUCH better teams, I don't understand what worries you so much
I understand his concern. Their receivers present potential matchup issues. They haven't been run--blocking well on offense but Martin's hurt the Vikes in the past and could again if they don't contain him. There's talent on that offense. As he said, if the Bucs "wake up" it could be a problem. They put 30+ on New Orleans so it's not like they can't put points on the board as a team if they get things going. You mentioned how the Vikes defense has been playing against better teams but Detroit was missing their two most potent weapons on offense, Buffalo hasn't been a greats coring team this season by any means but when they needed a long, game-winningd rive, they got it. Prior to that, GB's offense had their way with the Vikes defense.

I like the overall matchup. The Vikes defense should be the best unit on the field in this game but they're still breaking down too often for me to feel truly confident in them.