Vikings Rewind: Chris Hogan's 28-yard catch

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Vikings Rewind: Chris Hogan's 28-yard catch

Post by Mothman »

This is a good breakdown of the pass to Hogan that set up the Bills' winning TD:

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/acce ... yard-catch
frosted
Career Elite Player

Re: Vikings Rewind: Chris Hogan's 28-yard catch

Post by frosted »

Rhodes should have picked that pass off, it's a shame too, he had played a great game to that point. Chalk it up as a teachable moment. Hopefully he learns from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

It looks as if Rhodes is in a position to do most anything he wants, but he lost the physical fight for the ball. Rhodes is getting good and I thought he could make a play like this. Normally, he probably could but this is late in the 4th quarter and we are talking about the Vikings defense in that situation.

So blasted frustrating...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

losperros wrote:It looks as if Rhodes is in a position to do most anything he wants, but he lost the physical fight for the ball. Rhodes is getting good and I thought he could make a play like this. Normally, he probably could but this is late in the 4th quarter and we are talking about the Vikings defense in that situation.

So blasted frustrating...
I say we blame Mike Zimmer. :evil:

Seriously, I know what you mean. That's a play I actually expect Rhodes to make at this point, which is weird because I'm not accustomed to expecting most Vikings CBs to make plays at all. He's made real strides as a pro but this play reminds me of a play up last year (I'm trying to remember when it happened... it may have been against Chicago, in the dome). That one was on the opposite side of the field but it was another play where he was in position to make an INT and he didn't make it. I think he broke that one up but it could have been an INT. Frazier's reaction afterward was very similar to Zimmer's reaction quoted in the article at the link above. It must drive coaches crazy when they work with a player, he responds well, he gets in position to make the play and then... he doesn't make the play.

I think Rhodes has all-pro potential. Hopefully, he'll just keep improving.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I think Rhodes has all-pro potential. Hopefully, he'll just keep improving.
At least he already looks better than Cook/Griffen did during their time here. Two guys that were great at being in position but failing to make the play.