Souhan: How much pain can rookie coach Zimmer take?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Souhan: How much pain can rookie coach Zimmer take?

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Like I said, he hasn't been "bad" but he's not making many plays. Granted he's going to get tackles, he's a MLB in an attacking 4-3
Isn't making tackles making plays? That seems pretty helpful to me.

I agree that there's room for an upgrade there. I just disagree with the idea that he doesn't help all that much. It seems like he's making a pretty good contribution on an improved defense.

Why do I get the feeling there might be a semantic difference here rather than a real difference of opinion? ;)
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Mothman wrote:
Why do I get the feeling there might be a semantic difference here rather than a real difference of opinion? ;)
You might be right :lol:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

That 4th and 20 reminds me of the 2003 season where Josh McCown and the Cardinals got a red zone touchdown on 4th and 25 as time ran out to win 18-17 and knock the Vikings out of the playoffs.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

And not only did Rhodes blow it, but no timeout by the coach, and I heard someone mentioned Rhodes was dinged up. Throw in one on one on Watkins when even the announcers said here comes Watkins? Just a colossal screw up that could be blamed on any number of people.

I actually felt like this time, with Zimmer at the helm, we wouldn't have to worry about that final come back and we'd pull it out. So frustrating!