question about teddy

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

JD_Fiction
Backup

Re: question about teddy

Post by JD_Fiction »

Yeah he is a rookie he is going to make mistakes, he is just trying to adjust to the NFL which is a very hard thing to do. Peyton Manning's rookie year was awful, the colts went 3-13 and he threw 28 INTs. I'm not saying he is the next great but he started to look good in the 2nd half, after the two picks he hit 12 of his final 15 throws and one touchdown... Some of what he did looks very promising, i like his attitude and hope he becomes a leader soon. IF the vikings stop the bills on that 4th and 20 this thread would be a whole different topic.
3Deep
Practice Squad

Post by 3Deep »

JD_Fiction wrote:Yeah he is a rookie he is going to make mistakes, he is just trying to adjust to the NFL which is a very hard thing to do. Peyton Manning's rookie year was awful, the colts went 3-13 and he threw 28 INTs. I'm not saying he is the next great but he started to look good in the 2nd half, after the two picks he hit 12 of his final 15 throws and one touchdown... Some of what he did looks very promising, i like his attitude and hope he becomes a leader soon. IF the vikings stop the bills on that 4th and 20 this thread would be a whole different topic.
THIS. It's promising to see a rookie bounce back after a poor start to have a pretty solid second half instead of just falling apart after two picks. He also converted some very key and long third downs. I know vikings fans are impatient with QB play after the whole Ponder nightmare, but developing a rookie QB takes time, has growing pains, etc... We need to let teddy make mistakes so that he learns from them. This team was never going to make the playoffs. The STL game just gave us all false hope. It's all about developing teddy and working on the defense.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I have done a complete about face with my opinion and hopes for TB. I watched as a journeyman QB Orton lead his team to victory after absorbing more pressure and sacks than TB did and I just do not see the "it" factor anymore. He stares down receivers, misses open ones and then sits on the bench, all by himself, with a very unemotional face. I see no "fire" in him.
I would hate to see this team hang their future with him. That being said, I hope that I am wrong.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple bruise wrote:I have done a complete about face with my opinion and hopes for TB. I watched as a journeyman QB Orton lead his team to victory after absorbing more pressure and sacks than TB did and I just do not see the "it" factor anymore. He stares down receivers, misses open ones and then sits on the bench, all by himself, with a very unemotional face. I see no "fire" in him.
I would hate to see this team hang their future with him. That being said, I hope that I am wrong.

Keep in mind, you're comparing a rookie in his third start to a 10 year veteran.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote:
Keep in mind, you're comparing a rookie in his third start to a 10 year veteran.
Jim, I understand but that is my take. I see no fire or that "it" factor in him. He did not make one throw in the last two games, that a good high school QB couln't have made. IMO As I said, I hope that I am wrong.

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
JD_Fiction
Backup

Post by JD_Fiction »

Are you sure you watched the 4th quarter yesterday? Teddy made throws that ONLY NFL QB's make, beautiful back shoulder throw. Now that being said if by week 16 you feel the same way i will be shocked, i have a ton of confidence in Teddy to grow as a NFL QB and be the future. Frustration makes you only look at the bad, try looking at what he succeeded at yesterday as well.

New Coaching Staff.
Rookie QB.
Rooke RB.
Fusco and Sully Injured.
NO AP.

It is a lot to overcome, don't give up hope just yet my friend.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Its really silly and rather hysteric to give up on a rookie QBplaying in his first year, thrown to the wolves with NO OL, little preseason training and a mediocre recieving corps...and a first year coach...take some Midol and a warm bath...Calgon, Take me Away!!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

chicagopurple wrote:Its really silly and rather hysteric to give up on a rookie QBplaying in his first year, thrown to the wolves with NO OL, little preseason training and a mediocre recieving corps...and a first year coach...take some Midol and a warm bath...Calgon, Take me Away!!
Thanks from a guys who claims to be a doctor :wink:

chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

truly...you just need to relax....too early to stress out....
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Is it too small a sample to throw in the towel already? I say yes. I was not a fan of the pick, but I am not one to give up easily on money and time invested. I hope he turns out to be a winner.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

chicagopurple wrote:truly...you just need to relax....too early to stress out....
No stress here. I just do not see any value in keeping him playing until the line gets "fixed". You can see that he is no where near as confident, decisive, or accurate as he was the game against Atlanta. He has taken too many big hits and they take a huge toll. I saw this same scenerio play out with Ponder. His first pro game he looked very good with losts of upside even though he got thrown into the fire, without the benifit of a training camp. He progessively got sacked and pressured, threw more ints than tds and was also playing behind a very poor 0-line with very few good receivers. I do not want to witness that happening to TB. As I stated , I hope that I am wrong but he seems to be going down the same road under very similar circumstances. Leave him out until and when the o-line gets fixed.

44crm
Backup

Post by 44crm »

I definitely am not giving up on teddy and it has not crossed my mind. He threw two picks early and looked bad, like he didn't trust his receivers. But he learned and instead of it ruining the whole game he tried to get his head in the game and make some positives out of some drives. But he is growing and I think he will continue to get better, along with our running game which hopefully will give our OLine a little more confidence.

Based on all the college games I watched Teddy play, and based on his performance so far in the pros, you can see it is a lot for him to take in and it is overwhelming him a little bit. Everything I see from Teddy has made me comfortable with his development. He was going through his 3rd and sometimes 4th progressions in the ATL game, and then has looked like a deer in the headlights a little bit lately. The kid is young and so are the players around him for the most part... it will get better! :smilevike:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Still a chance at least. Not like Ponder/TJoke who after a couple games clearly showed they lacked something that couldn't be coached...
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I am extremely worried that the vikings will "ruin" Teddy by keeping him behind this line. Is that me being paranoid? Do others have that concern as well? How can any player get better by having only like .5 seconds to throw the ball?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
44crm
Backup

Post by 44crm »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I am extremely worried that the vikings will "ruin" Teddy by keeping him behind this line. Is that me being paranoid? Do others have that concern as well? How can any player get better by having only like .5 seconds to throw the ball?
I am not going to lie, it was a little bit of a concern the past two games, but if it is this bad Norv is smart enough to either put up another linemen or keeping more blockers at the line. It is not all on the OLine though. It looks like every player on the Offense is reading a different version of the same book... lol