question about teddy

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

question about teddy

Post by mosscarter »

fellow fans: i was unable to watch the game today and i'm wondering how teddy looked. i saw that his numbers weren't impressive at all, but was it more him or the o-line? this is two consecutive weeks our defense has only given up 17 points and its almost like we can't do anything offensively. i saw the two interceptions but how many sacks did he take today? by the looks of things we need an entirely revamped offensive line and that could take years.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: question about teddy

Post by PurpleMustReign »

mosscarter wrote:fellow fans: i was unable to watch the game today and i'm wondering how teddy looked. i saw that his numbers weren't impressive at all, but was it more him or the o-line? this is two consecutive weeks our defense has only given up 17 points and its almost like we can't do anything offensively. i saw the two interceptions but how many sacks did he take today? by the looks of things we need an entirely revamped offensive line and that could take years.
HE isn't very accurate. He had a couple of plays where an accurate pass could have resulted in a Viking TD.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

You will get answers on both sides of the argument but the truth is that he looked better than last week and not as good as he did against Atlanta. Oh, and the oline was 80% terrible today.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

I would say teddy was "okay", not good but not horrible either. When you add the atrocious O-line play it makes it look a lot worse.
soflavike
Hall of Famer

Post by soflavike »

I wish we could play Atlanta every week, because Teddy's getting killed against good defenses.
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

thanks guys. i'm just trying to figure out how we can be this bad offensively. i know atlanta's defense was bad, but with that said teddy also didn't take a single sack that day either. 5 interceptions in 2 weeks is pretty alarming too.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

There's no way around it, he was flat-out terrible.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

TSonn wrote:You will get answers on both sides of the argument but the truth is that he looked better than last week and not as good as he did against Atlanta. Oh, and the oline was 80% terrible today.
disagree. I thought he looked worse than last week, (had more opportunity to make plays and didn't make them) and the offensive line was better than last week (allowed more opportunities to make plays and effectively blocked on running plays). Although both were still bad.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

mosscarter wrote:thanks guys. i'm just trying to figure out how we can be this bad offensively. i know atlanta's defense was bad, but with that said teddy also didn't take a single sack that day either. 5 interceptions in 2 weeks is pretty alarming too.
Against Atlanta there was room to step up in the pocket. When he has room to do that, Teddy looks pretty damn good. when he doesn't have room to do that, he looks lousy. He's not alone in that. Its not an excuse because our line is terrible, but we have faced two of the best fronts in the NFL the last two weeks. I think we may see a bounce back performance for Teddy and the offense against more middling competition. Of course that's not going to get us near the playoffs or close to a championship, but I think the last two weeks have been very bad matchups for us.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

fiestavike wrote: Against Atlanta there was room to step up in the pocket. When he has room to do that, Teddy looks pretty damn good. when he doesn't have room to do that, he looks lousy. He's not alone in that. Its not an excuse because our line is terrible, but we have faced two of the best fronts in the NFL the last two weeks. I think we may see a bounce back performance for Teddy and the offense against more middling competition. Of course that's not going to get us near the playoffs or close to a championship, but I think the last two weeks have been very bad matchups for us.

I agree.

He looked a bit tentative today. I watched a poor pirated stream, so it was hard to say for sure, but the sense I got was that he's thinking more and he looks slower / more tentative than in the preseason and vs. Atlanta.
tmscr
Transition Player

Post by tmscr »

In the last two weeks, his decision making has been slow and poor. He seems to no longer even consider RUNNING as an option, as we saw him do in NO and against Atlanta. He holds the ball entirely too long, especially considering the goofballs he has in front of him and, as mentioned above, lacks solid accuracy. I feel like just the threat of him running will take so much pressure off him, but he doesn't seem to even consider it.

I hope we don't have a David Carr situation on our hands. In Teddy's defense, he's dead in the water very often when he drops back, owning to the pathetic o line play. But he has been totally exposed in these last two games. These are gloomy days for the vikings.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

He was just starting to build up confidence when Sullivan went out with a concussion. From then on it was over for him.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

tmscr wrote:In the last two weeks, his decision making has been slow and poor. He seems to no longer even consider RUNNING as an option, as we saw him do in NO and against Atlanta. He holds the ball entirely too long, especially considering the goofballs he has in front of him and, as mentioned above, lacks solid accuracy. I feel like just the threat of him running will take so much pressure off him, but he doesn't seem to even consider it.

I hope we don't have a David Carr situation on our hands. In Teddy's defense, he's dead in the water very often when he drops back, owning to the pathetic o line play. But he has been totally exposed in these last two games. These are gloomy days for the vikings.
Again, nowhere to step up in the pocket the last two games, that pretty much eliminates the running option.

As far as decsion making being slow I agree, especially this week.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
tmscr
Transition Player

Post by tmscr »

Oh and I almost forgot about the two delay of game penalties we took. One was a killer (the last one around midfield late in the 4th). Rookie mistakes? Probably, but they were crucial.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

tmscr wrote:These are gloomy days for the vikings.
I feel the opposite. I see lots of bright spots. Barr, Smith, Griffen, Rhodes, Patterson, Rudolph, and Bridgewater. Yes, Bridgewater. He had the best rookie QB start ever for the Vikings and then the oline disintegrated in each game since.