question about teddy

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: question about teddy

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JD_Fiction wrote:Are you sure you watched the 4th quarter yesterday? Teddy made throws that ONLY NFL QB's make, beautiful back shoulder throw. Now that being said if by week 16 you feel the same way i will be shocked, i have a ton of confidence in Teddy to grow as a NFL QB and be the future. Frustration makes you only look at the bad, try looking at what he succeeded at yesterday as well.

New Coaching Staff.
Rookie QB.
Rooke RB.
Fusco and Sully Injured.
NO AP.

It is a lot to overcome, don't give up hope just yet my friend.
Great post!! I've been saying the same thing as well. There isn't a NFL team out there that could overcome what has happened to our offense and still win consistently. I don't care how much "talent" they have
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I said it in the game thread and others have said it as well, look how guys like Luck, Manning, etc.did in their first season.Everyone makes mistakes and everyone throws picks, lots of them. A QB has to learn how much smaller the windows are in the NFL and the only real way to do that is to push the limit. A good QB will learn from their mistakes it's all we can hope for from TB right now.

Ponder isn't bad because he started too early or due to the situation, he unfortunately just doesn't have what it takes to play well in this league. I was okay sitting TB when we had another viable option but we no longer have one. It's sink or swim now, no coddling.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

what is frustrating for me is that he played well all preseason and his first start was amazing. then, the past two weeks haven't been up to par at all. hopefully he rebounds i think this week will be a big moment for him. tampa bay isn't very good at all.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

S197 wrote:I said it in the game thread and others have said it as well, look how guys like Luck, Manning, etc.did in their first season.Everyone makes mistakes and everyone throws picks, lots of them. A QB has to learn how much smaller the windows are in the NFL and the only real way to do that is to push the limit. A good QB will learn from their mistakes it's all we can hope for from TB right now.

Ponder isn't bad because he started too early or due to the situation, he unfortunately just doesn't have what it takes to play well in this league. I was okay sitting TB when we had another viable option but we no longer have one. It's sink or swim now, no coddling.
Exactly. If he doesn't make it, it's not because his confidence was ruined. It's because he lacked that confidence to begin with. Giving him a year on the bench wouldn't have made a bit of difference.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Teddy Bridgewater's first 3 starts= 5 INTs (3 of them being tipped passes or passes going through Asiata's hands) and a record of 1-2

Andrew Luck's first 3 starts= 4 INTs and a record of 1-2 (only beating us in the final seconds)

Peyton Manning's first 3 starts= 8 INTs and a 0-3 record

Basically saying that shredding him in his first 3 starts means absolutely nothing. Not saying he will be as good as these 2 but this just shows that even the best struggle in the beginning no matter what way you look at it.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

it would also help if patterson could run routes on even a basic level. i didn't see the game last week, but 2 receptions for 9 yards? this guy has bust written all over him at this point if you ask me. with his kind of speed it doesn't make sense. aside from the one touchdown he had in the preseason i don't think he's ever caught a long touchdown pass where he's gotten behind the defense yet.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Yeah, letting him sit n learn this year would be reasonable, hard to argue with. This year is a waste with our current OL
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Teddy Bridgewater's first 3 starts= 5 INTs (3 of them being tipped passes or passes going through Asiata's hands) and a record of 1-2

Andrew Luck's first 3 starts= 4 INTs and a record of 1-2 (only beating us in the final seconds)

Peyton Manning's first 3 starts= 8 INTs and a 0-3 record

Basically saying that shredding him in his first 3 starts means absolutely nothing. Not saying he will be as good as these 2 but this just shows that even the best struggle in the beginning no matter what way you look at it.
Oh no, not this again! People said the same thing about Ponder and how a few other hall of famers compared for their first few games! None of it means anything!
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

Demi wrote: Oh no, not this again! People said the same thing about Ponder and how a few other hall of famers compared for their first few games! None of it means anything!

that's his point.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote: Oh no, not this again! People said the same thing about Ponder and how a few other hall of famers compared for their first few games! None of it means anything!
But for people to sit here and all of the sudden freak out after 3 games makes this argument absolutely pointless. It simply shows that within your first season, there will be many struggles no matter what way you look at it.
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Not quite freaking out yet BUT he ranked 31 in the NFL :
31 Teddy Bridgewater, QB MIN 69 113 61.1 812 7.19 52 TDS (1) ints. (5) QBR 67.4
Hopefully he and the offense will some how manage to turn things around.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Purple bruise wrote:Not quite freaking out yet BUT he ranked 31 in the NFL :
31 Teddy Bridgewater, QB MIN 69 113 61.1 812 7.19 52 TDS (1) ints. (5) QBR 67.4
Hopefully he and the offense will some how manage to turn things around.
While the flaws with the offensive line still exist, I would expect them to look significantly better against defense fronts that aren't so dominating. Look for Teddy to have another great game soon.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/10/22/green-bay ... -team-nfl/
Teddy Bridgewater came out on fire against the Falcons in Week 4 because Norv Turner was able to call only defined-read passes for him. Since then, circumstances have forced Bridgewater into more field-reading scenarios, and he’s struggled like the rookie that he is.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Bridgewater was blitzed on 14 dropbacks, according to ESPN Stats and Information, which matched a season high. The Buccaneers' lone sack came on a blitz, but Bridgewater completed 8 of 13 passes against blitzes, throwing for 82 yards and hitting a 17-yard touchdown pass to Greg Jennings when Tampa Bay brought extra pressure.
Teddy Bridgewater fares well against Bucs' blitz
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Bridgewater on the Dan Patrick Show today.

Teddy Bridgewater on adjusting to NFL, Louisville loss
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014