Another Ponder Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Another Ponder Thread

Post by Purple bruise »

VikingLord wrote:Reading this article reminds me of how easily I forget that the people wearing those helmets are people, and while some have serious issues, some are also d@mn fine human beings that we could safely hold up as role models for our children even if the reason isn't their ability on the football field.
That is what I am talking about plus not getting DUI's, beating you kids, love boat excursions.....
:rock:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

VikingLord wrote:Reading this article reminds me of how easily I forget that the people wearing those helmets are people, and while some have serious issues, some are also d@mn fine human beings that we could safely hold up as role models for our children even if the reason isn't their ability on the football field.
and that my friend was my point in posting the link. some failed to see that and that's ok too. as I get older I care less and less about how many points these guys score; and more and more how they act off the field the other 165 hours a week and the example they set for my kids.
i'm ready for a beer.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I was avoiding this thread but curiosity got to me.

This was a nice surprise with all the negative news lately.

Same story from CBS

Vikings’ Ponder Gives Shopping Spree To Grieving Family
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

chicagopurple wrote:OK. Point taken...now lets return to something that has any relevent to the Minnesota Vikings....HE isnt anymore.....
If it was my board you would have been banned for trolling. What a disgusting post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

PurpleMustReign wrote: If it was my board you would have been banned for trolling. What a disgusting post.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Come on guys, step back.

Let's just bask in the knowledge we have a player on the roster who cares about people. All my respect to the guy for that, and I assure you, it makes him a success in my eyes.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

Was playing Madden (MUT) and decided to play Vikings versus Vikings. Matt Cassel was the starter for the computer (well, Ps3) version of the Vikings. He got hurt and I thought "Oh, good, it's Teddy Time". Ponder came in instead and I called a blitz. He immediately threw the ball to nobody literally half a second after the ball was snapped. I laughed so loud my wife (in the other room) asked what was going on.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

LOL! Its amazing that a computer AI program can recognize something so quickly yet it takes NFL coaches a few years to realize the same unavoidable tendencies!