14 sacks given up and 13 points scored last 2 games

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Re: 14 sacks given up and 13 points scored last 2 games

Post by Purple Reign »

Mothman wrote: It's not. I was being sarcastic.

Sorry, it doesn't always come across clearly online....
You're right, it doesn't. You used a sad face smiley which doesn't really denote sarcasm. I think a better smiley to show sarcasm would be the rolling eyes smiley :roll:
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple Reign wrote: You're right, it doesn't. You used a sad face smiley which doesn't really denote sarcasm.
No, but it indicates unhappiness (ie: that getting physically whipped is not the easiest thing to correct and that makes me unhappy). If I genuinely thought correcting the problem was easy, I'd have no reason to post a sad face.

Anyway, it obviously didn't convey what I wanted it to convey. Sorry about that...
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Mothman wrote:
No, but it indicates unhappiness (ie: that getting physically whipped is not the easiest thing to correct and that makes me unhappy). If I genuinely thought correcting the problem was easy, I'd have no reason to post a sad face.

Anyway, it obviously didn't convey what I wanted it to convey. Sorry about that...
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

:lol: Zeppelin sums it up!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I haven't watched all of this yet, but it's pretty interesting as far as learning about watching/evaluating offensive linemen.
Zierlein has an excellent game-to-game and play-to-play perspective about studying linemen and he shares a ton of excellent information on what to watch and why:

- Why technique is so important to understand when evaluating players.
- The why and how of having flat feet when delivering a punch.
- Why tackles don’t want to “open the door” too early against edge rushers.
- Why you shouldn’t draw too many conclusions from one bad rep or a bad game.
- Reading stunts.
- What is good one-arm technique in pass protection?
- Examples of how linemen work in concern on pass protection and run blocking schemes.
- Why size and strength matter so much for NFL linemen.
- What is coachable about Scherff’s game?
- Zierlein’s mini scouting report on Scherff.
- Which current NFL players are good examples of players with strong technique.
And, hey, I pretty much have to post with a focus on my boy Scherff. Worth the watch if you have some time: http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/10/17/rs ... -zierlein/
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:I haven't watched all of this yet, but it's pretty interesting as far as learning about watching/evaluating offensive linemen.
And, hey, I pretty much have to post with a focus on my boy Scherff. Worth the watch if you have some time: http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2014/10/17/rs ... -zierlein/
Scherff is a freak. Trust me. I am involved with the Hawkeye football team, I see the guy everyday. The guy is not only technically gifted, he is as strong as one can be. He will make a great offensive tackle in the NFL.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote: Scherff is a freak. Trust me. I am involved with the Hawkeye football team, I see the guy everyday. The guy is not only technically gifted, he is as strong as one can be. He will make a great offensive tackle in the NFL.
Yeah, they mention his technique and functional "weight-room" strength right away.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly