Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 6

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: Lions @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 6

Post by mondry »

The nice thing about double moves is if you get a quick release off the line, you can actually get rid of the football pretty quickly and put a lot of air under it and let the WR run under it. Kinda like the back shoulder fade in the redzone but in the open field. The other bonus is if you complete one of those the defense will think twice about how aggressive they're being.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

frosted21 wrote: They do take more time to develop than a quick hitting route, but the Vikings protection does not completely preclude them from using double moves. There were instances Sunday where a double move absolutely would not have had time to develop. Believe it or not, there were other instances where it absolutely would have. Double moves can develop quickly enough depending on the route combination used. I didn't state that the 'main issue is simply running more double move routes'. I believe there could be some value to dropping one in here or there, as a response to Jim's comment about defenses taking away quick hitting routes.

You're right though, definitely tougher to execute in the instances where protection has been shaky.
So can you confirm if any double move routes were run or not? Maybe we did run some and they just didn't work - I really don't know since I don't have access to any game film (tv coverage doesn't show all the receiver's routes). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying double move routes shouldn't be run, I'm just wondering if they were run and TB just didn't have the time.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

Mothman wrote:
Good move by FOX.... the job Goldberg did on the broadcast was terrible but once he made it worse online, he probably made their decision easy.
No kidding. Even without the Twitter tirade he should have gotten pulled. It was painfully obvious that he knew very little about football and even worse, didn't do any real preparation to compensate. When you're getting paid that much money there's really no excuse for that.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

maembe wrote:
No kidding. Even without the Twitter tirade he should have gotten pulled. It was painfully obvious that he knew very little about football and even worse, didn't do any real preparation to compensate. When you're getting paid that much money there's really no excuse for that.
I don't remember him making comments that made it obvious he knew very little about football, he was just constantly getting things like names and down/yardage wrong and it was his first game so I'm sure Fox would have given him another chance. But there is no excuse for his Twitter tirade.