The State of the Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: The State of the Vikings

Post by DK Sweets »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yeah I agree as well. For some reason, nobody gives Mckinnon enough credit. He has ran very well in a lot of games. For a shorter kid, he's built like a rock
I'll third this one. He's not Peterson, but he's no schmuck, either.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

DKSweets wrote:I'll third this one. He's not Peterson, but he's no schmuck, either.
Count me in. I like McKinnon a lot. And I want the Vikings to play Banyard more often, too. Both guys are young and have talent.

Of course, the OL has to open lanes for them to run through.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

I'm on board, I have been high on Jet since we drafted him, when it was an unpopular stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

I read this fantasy draft for the 2015 year for the Vikes on the Norseman, This would be an unbelievable draft :thumbsup:
1st round 2 trades down for 2 extra early 2nd round picks. Deep draft at certain Position
Round 1 Pick 12 (STL): Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)………..This draft was to get Teddy Help, But couldn’t pass up what they put on my lap
Round 2 Pick 9: A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A-)………….. Grab the NO.1 Guard
Round 2 Pick 10 (ATL): Cameron Erving, OT, Florida State (A-)………….Teddy’s loving this draft
Round 2 Pick 12 (STL): Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia (A)…. Teddy just cant believe Gurley was still there.
Round 3 Pick 9: Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford (A)….More weapons for Teddy
Round 4 Pick 9: J.R. Tavai, OLB, Southern California (A-)…..Another Greenway replacement
Round 5 Pick 9: Chucky Hunter, DT, TCU (A)…………someone drop the ball here. No way Hunter gets out of the 4th round
Round 6 Pick 9: Doran Grant, CB, Ohio State (A)……. Another gift
Round 7 Pick 9: Vince Mayle, WR, Washington State (A) …………And the presents just keep on coming. Got an A for drafting him in the 6th. what Value in the 7TH.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

Mckinnon is NOT the problem, the total lack of run blocking by the OL is the problem. We have a good young potential RB but look at our run production over all this year. While our passing game is understandably poor with a rookie QB trying to learn on the fly and getting very little protection in the pocket, the running game should be more dominant this year but it isnt. We get little or no push by the OL and the holes are just not there for Mckinnon. He is NOT an Earl Campbell who will power through and make his own holes. He needs skilled OL who are mentally and physically cappable of running blocking schemes. We dont have that .
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

and YEAH, that would be a Massively incredible historic draft. If Spielman did pull that off, I might never have a critical comment on him again, ever......
mmvikes
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by mmvikes »

Mothman wrote:Man, the Vikes must really be ratings poison without Peterson. Once again, the local FOX affiliate is blowing off an NFC North team's game (Vikes/Panthers) in an NFC North city. The Chicago area is getting NO vs. PIT.

This sucks.
That's why I hit the tavern 1.1 miles from my house. I get to see the Vikings and my kids don't hear me swearing at the TV.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

mmvikes wrote: That's why I hit the tavern 1.1 miles from my house. I get to see the Vikings and my kids don't hear me swearing at the TV.
I have been there and have done that :lol:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AccessVikings -- The Vikings waived T J'Marcus Webb.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote:
Interesting, hasn't he been with the Vikes for a while now, and play on Sunday? Did he get hurt, or is someone better enough to play. IMO our tackles are a mess.
JD_Fiction
Backup

Post by JD_Fiction »

Did anyone notice that Jordan Cameron is going to be a Free agent in the upcoming class, Wounder if Norv Turner goes out and get him after what he did with him in Cleveland. Any thoughts?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

JD_Fiction wrote:Did anyone notice that Jordan Cameron is going to be a Free agent in the upcoming class, Wounder if Norv Turner goes out and get him after what he did with him in Cleveland. Any thoughts?
Not when we have Rudolph who we just signed to an extension. Granted, Rudolph hasn't been the healthiest but Cameron might be even worse in that category. I think the guy has had 100 concussions
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
JD_Fiction
Backup

Post by JD_Fiction »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Not when we have Rudolph who we just signed to an extension. Granted, Rudolph hasn't been the healthiest but Cameron might be even worse in that category. I think the guy has had 100 concussions
They tried to do something like this with John Carlson which was a bust, but i don't think just because Rudolph signed and extension it should be a no. I'm not trying to say pay him crazy money or anything but I don't think having two solid Tight Ends should be out of the question or is a bad thing, for the right price of course. Tight Ends are Qb's best friends :D
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Interesting, hasn't he been with the Vikes for a while now, and play on Sunday? Did he get hurt, or is someone better enough to play. IMO our tackles are a mess.

Looks like he was released due to his performance on the field

WEBB RELEASED AFTER CRUCIAL ERROR
Webb was inactive for the first two games he was with the Vikings this season (he was signed on Nov. 26) before finally being active on Sunday with guard Charlie Johnson inactive because of injury. Webb didn’t play on offense Sunday against the Detroit Lions, but one of the four snaps he played on special teams cost him and the team.

Webb gave up the defensive line penetration that led to Jason Jones blocking a 26-yard field goal attempt midway through the fourth quarter that would have given the Vikings a 17-13 lead. Instead, the Vikings lost 16-14 when Detroit answered with the game-winning field goal drive of their own on the ensuing possession.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

JD_Fiction wrote: They tried to do something like this with John Carlson which was a bust, but i don't think just because Rudolph signed and extension it should be a no. I'm not trying to say pay him crazy money or anything but I don't think having two solid Tight Ends should be out of the question or is a bad thing, for the right price of course. Tight Ends are Qb's best friends :D
Oh no...not this again. I'll take our #3 WR over whatever injury prone TE would be on the field any day. You're never going to get Gronk/Hernandez. And shrinking the field only hurts yourself!

And Webb as a stupid signing after how he played before. WHO made that decision to re-sign him? Fire them...