The State of the Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: The State of the Vikings

Post by Mothman »

Here's an indication of the current state of the Vikings:

The rest of the NFC North has a bye this week so you would think the Vikings/Redskins game might be broadcast in an NFC North city like Chicago, right? Wrong! That's how it's tended to work in the past but with Adrian Peterson out, the Vikings are a 3-5 team without a marquee player so FOX is saying "no" to this game. We'll be getting get Cardinals vs. Cowboys here. :( It looks like the Vikings/Redskins game is just getting coverage in the usual; broadcast regions for those teams:

http://506sports.com/

It's a bummer.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote:Here's an indication of the current state of the Vikings:

The rest of the NFC North has a bye this week so you would think the Vikings/Redskins game might be broadcast in an NFC North city like Chicago, right? Wrong! That's how it's tended to work in the past but with Adrian Peterson out, the Vikings are a 3-5 team without a marquee player so FOX is saying "no" to this game. We'll be getting get Cardinals vs. Cowboys here. :( It looks like the Vikings/Redskins game is just getting coverage in the usual; broadcast regions for those teams:

It's a bummer.
That is a bummer. I'd probably be in the same boat. Thankfully a nice DirectTV lady called me last week and offered me a few movie channels I won't watch but the rest of Sunday Ticket for the season for an additional $4/month! I've never agreed to something so quickly over the phone before in my life.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:That is a bummer. I'd probably be in the same boat. Thankfully a nice DirectTV lady called me last week and offered me a few movie channels I won't watch but the rest of Sunday Ticket for the season for an additional $4/month! I've never agreed to something so quickly over the phone before in my life.
:rofl: I'll bet!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

On a good note, I believe the Vikings have sold out the next two home games.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I have a Missouri address. Unfortunately, I have an Illinois IP address...the only part of Illinois that is showing the Vikings game.

Screw my ISP, and screw Sunday Ticket.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

dead_poet wrote: That is a bummer. I'd probably be in the same boat. Thankfully a nice DirectTV lady called me last week and offered me a few movie channels I won't watch but the rest of Sunday Ticket for the season for an additional $4/month! I've never agreed to something so quickly over the phone before in my life.
You are correct, sir.

Cardinals vs. Cowboys on Fox 17 here in the Des Moines area.

Congrats on the NFL Sunday Ticket deal. I paid the fully monty, although I dropped Sunday Ticket Max and saved a boatload.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Week 11 Vikings-Bears Game To Air On CBS

Strange to see an NFC game on CBS. Does this mean it will be a nationally televised game?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

808vikingsfan wrote:Week 11 Vikings-Bears Game To Air On CBS

Strange to see an NFC game on CBS. Does this mean it will be a nationally televised game?
Probably...

That seems to be the point of the "flex" policy mentioned at the link.

Wild!
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Strange, I thought it was a contractual thing that CBS does afc while FOX does nfc. Maybe it's true that the same people own all the media outlets?

ohhh....after reading the link I see they made a change in policy.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

The Breeze wrote:Strange, I thought it was a contractual thing that CBS does afc while FOX does nfc. Maybe it's true that the same people own all the media outlets?

ohhh....after reading the link I see they made a change in policy.
They reworked the contact a bit when they moved to the 8 game CBS Thursday slate to allow not only flexing of teams in and out of prime slots. But to also allow flexing between FOX and CBS. Notice these 6 team bye weeks, it allows them some balance on the weekly TV slate.

I think it may eventually lead to not having one network for each conference. I also think this phase is a test to see how it all goes.
This space available for rent.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote:Here's an indication of the current state of the Vikings:

It's a bummer.
Same thing happened in Milwaukee. All my Packer fans were even texting me upset because they thought they'd be able to get a glimpse of the Vikings from their living room. Nope!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Man, the Vikes must really be ratings poison without Peterson. Once again, the local FOX affiliate is blowing off an NFC North team's game (Vikes/Panthers) in an NFC North city. The Chicago area is getting NO vs. PIT.

This sucks.
chicagopurple
All Pro Elite Player

Post by chicagopurple »

well, there really is not much to recommend in regards to either team...Carolina is just aweful, the Vikes have no RB the last few weeks, a QB who is really learning on the job and frequently doing nothing more then 2-3 yrd outlet dump offs, and a bunch of recievers that have perfected the dropped pass and incomplete routes. I cant blame the networks on this one.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

chicagopurple wrote:well, there really is not much to recommend in regards to either team...Carolina is just aweful, the Vikes have no RB the last few weeks, a QB who is really learning on the job and frequently doing nothing more then 2-3 yrd outlet dump offs, and a bunch of recievers that have perfected the dropped pass and incomplete routes. I cant blame the networks on this one.
I think that the rushing game, with a healthy Mckinnon and Banyard (who looked quite good for his first appearance) are the least of the Viking's problems righjt now.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Purple bruise wrote: I think that the rushing game, with a healthy Mckinnon and Banyard (who looked quite good for his first appearance) are the least of the Viking's problems righjt now.
Yeah I agree as well. For some reason, nobody gives Mckinnon enough credit. He has ran very well in a lot of games. For a shorter kid, he's built like a rock
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri