It's all setting up perfectly...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

It's all setting up perfectly...

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The Buccaneers are terrible... horrible, including on defense, where former Viking HC is now their Defensive Coordinator.
I am now certain that Lovie Smith, Leslie Frasier, and the Buccaneers will get their first win against the Vikings in Tampa on October 26. Write it in stone, write it in blood, whatever you need to do.. it will happen. I know my Vikings all too well. :wink:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Re: It's all setting up perfectly...

Post by jackal »

No this is a Zimmer led team .. laughs
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The Buccaneers are terrible... horrible, including on defense, where former Viking HC is now their Defensive Coordinator.
I am now certain that Lovie Smith, Leslie Frasier, and the Buccaneers will get their first win against the Vikings in Tampa on October 26. Write it in stone, write it in blood, whatever you need to do.. it will happen. I know my Vikings all too well. :wink:
:rofl: That would fit right into Vikings history...
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Mothman wrote: :rofl: That would fit right into Vikings history...
:lol: And Frazier's defense will shut us out...
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

God the pure pessimism makes me so angry and mad... Yet its understandable and justifiable...
It's just like, why would we ever win a SB with fan's having ###### attitudes like that?

I know we're beat down after x-amount of years of going through what we've all gone through...
But you know what, times change, perrenial bottom feeders can change into dynasties....
all you need is a good coach, and eventually a QB.........

(See Patriots, See Seahawks, See Saints... etc)

ZIM & TED - LESS GOOOO!!!
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The Buccaneers are terrible... horrible, including on defense, where former Viking HC is now their Defensive Coordinator.
And that might be the most depressing thing yet. And it could happen, and being a Viking fan, it will happen.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

84BreaksAnkles wrote:God the pure pessimism makes me so angry and mad... Yet its understandable and justifiable...
It's just like, why would we ever win a SB with fan's having ###### attitudes like that?
I think this thread was intended to be lighthearted, not darkly pessimistic, at least that's how I interpreted it.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: I think this thread was intended to be lighthearted, not darkly pessimistic, at least that's how I interpreted it.

Correct. Although I would be lying if I didn't think it was slightly possible... this is the Vikings after all...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

I just must have a non-objective/biased heart/belief system.....

Cause I don't care what universal plain of existence you dwell in, there is 0.00000000431% chance that we lose that game guys..

Come on..

And I know deep inside you expect nothing less than a 13-point victory, no matter how disciplined you have become with your excitements, hopes, expectations, etc...

I know its any given sunday, and this is 22 other professional guys getting paid to go out there... but C'maaaahhn
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

So you really thought I was serious when I said Tampa's defense would "goose egg" us? :rofl: Seriously?

You did see how they played last night, right? :)

Relax - A little lighthearted fun, was all. Heck, I'm still "officially" picking the Vikes to WIN this Sunday (as 10 1/2 point underdogs). I know that's not really very likely, but isn't "pulling for the team" what it's about? And I think the Vikings will play better than the 'experts' expect. I think the spread is ridiculous, and the Vikes will cover that. Optimistic enough for ya? :smilevike:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

84BreaksAnkles wrote:God the pure pessimism makes me so angry and mad... Yet its understandable and justifiable...

I know we're beat down after x-amount of years of going through what we've all gone through...
But you know what, times change, perrenial bottom feeders can change into dynasties....
all you need is a good coach, and eventually a QB.........

(See Patriots, See Seahawks, See Saints... etc)

ZIM & TED - LESS GOOOO!!!
Bro... This is a facetious thread. Josh is not being pessimistic. Chill out.

Gotta say though, Minnesota losing to Tampa would be almost too bad to not be funny. :o
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

Just Me wrote:So you really thought I was serious when I said Tampa's defense would "goose egg" us? :rofl: Seriously?

You did see how they played last night, right? :)

Relax - A little lighthearted fun, was all. Heck, I'm still "officially" picking the Vikes to WIN this Sunday (as 10 1/2 point underdogs). I know that's not really very likely, but isn't "pulling for the team" what it's about? And I think the Vikings will play better than the 'experts' expect. I think the spread is ridiculous, and the Vikes will cover that. Optimistic enough for ya? :smilevike:
K :rock: <3

You know it's hard to tell though, with the guys who survived the 0-4 SB days (I'm not quite old enough- thank the lord ) When someone just mails it in on the team for the year.

I'm glad you guys were just being humorous, I'm just too sensitive with our Vikes haha
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

84BreaksAnkles wrote: K :rock: <3

You know it's hard to tell though, with the guys who survived the 0-4 SB days (I'm not quite old enough- thank the lord ) When someone just mails it in on the team for the year.

I'm glad you guys were just being humorous, I'm just too sensitive with our Vikes haha

I wasn't born during the SB days... just after. I was only alive for the Conference Championship Days, lol..
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Im not sure if I was for Super Bowl Four against the chiefs of not ? I was born
In 1968. The seventies in northern California Dallas probably got the most airtime.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

That wouldn't shock me at all lol. I made a similar prediction in 2001 (I have witnesses), months ahead of time, I predicted that the Vikings would be the Lions first and only win in week 14. Sure enough the 0-12 Lions beat us 27-24. What made it worse was we were the Panthers only win that year too. So by week 14, the 1-12 Panthers, and 1-12 Lions only wins were against our Vikings lol. The Panthers finished 1-15, but the Lions spoiled the fun by beating Dallas in week 17 to finish 2-14. Man could you imagine losing to two 1-15 teams in 1 season? Almost happened. 2 years later in 2003 we lost to four 4-12 teams. Those 4 teams tied for the worst record in the league that year. And ofc in 2008, history nearly repeated itself when the Vikings again played an 0-12 Lions team in week 14. We barely won that game 20-16. So I'm not taking your bet PMP lol.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh