Should we trade Adrian?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Should we trade Adrian?

Post by The Breeze »

thatguy wrote: The vast majority of professional athletes don't beat up women or children. There. Embrace that fact.
Never said they do. Not sure what you are wanting me to understand here. But I think it would be cool to see a group of hi profile athletes pitch non-violence right along side gatorade and playstation. knowwhuti'msayin....brah?
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i agree with the tone of the board get rid of him, but the question is what can we get in return? i'd be on the phone with dallas. and to comment on what someone said above; the rumors of his illegitimate kids are true. he as a small orphanage running around and its disgusting.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

His Prime is over, his skills are beginning to diminish, he is collecting Baggage, he's a star RB in passing NFL with a HUGE Contract. Never thought I'd say it but yeah we probably should try to trade him and move on
ATL_Viking
Backup

Post by ATL_Viking »

Wouldn't surprise me if they had been shopping him already in the offseason, even prior to this. But really...no sane front office would give us anything other than a bowl of soup and maybe a practice squad player for him. No one wants the contract , and everyone knows we're probably going to have to drop him.

Notice I said sane...Spielman hopefully has Jerry Jones on speeddial.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

ATL_Viking wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if they had been shopping him already in the offseason, even prior to this. But really...no sane front office would give us anything other than a bowl of soup and maybe a practice squad player for him. No one wants the contract , and everyone knows we're probably going to have to drop him.

Notice I said sane...Spielman hopefully has Jerry Jones on speeddial.
I was going to say, if any owner/GM in the NFL would be gullible enough to make a deal for a guy with a $100 million contract, it's Jerry Jones. Guy always wants to make a splash.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

I wouldn't have minded trading him during the off season.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm not sure where I stand on this, but food for thought: is it possible that he's being ripped to shreds in the moment but when he's gone he'll be our long lost son (similar to the way most people feel about Randy Moss)? I'm not saying Moss ever did anything this bad, so I know it's not a perfect comparison. That said, many people wanted him gone, and now it seems like most of us wish he had never left.

Basically, I'm questioning whether or not we should give this story at least a week before we declare his career over.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

DKSweets wrote:I'm not sure where I stand on this, but food for thought: is it possible that he's being ripped to shreds in the moment but when he's gone he'll be our long lost son (similar to the way most people feel about Randy Moss)? I'm not saying Moss ever did anything this bad, so I know it's not a perfect comparison. That said, many people wanted him gone, and now it seems like most of us wish he had never left.

Basically, I'm questioning whether or not we should give this story at least a week before we declare his career over.
I for one, was crushed when we traded Randy.

EDIT: But, I do get what you are saying.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I'm all for trading him, I was before too, but no ones going to give us what hes worth. But it would be awesome to trade him for a guard, and a tackle that know how to play their positions.
NDVikeFan
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by NDVikeFan »

I hope the Vikings deactivate him again early Monday.

The guy is under indictment for Child Abuse for Gods sake. If his teammates and the Vikings want to support him personally thats fine. But under no circumstances, should this guy see the field again until his legal problems are over.

When the legal problems are behind him than we can talk football and what to do than. Right now I think it is stupid to have someone, who is indicted for a serious crime, go out and play a football game.

As for trading him I don't see how anyone could possible trade for the guy under these circumstances. Can you imagine the Circus if the Vikings let him play? Now take that times about 25 if a team were to trade for him, and give up assets in the process, for someone who is facing a jail sentence.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Nobody is going to make a trade for a 29 year-old RB making over 10 million. Not even before said RB was indicted for child abuse.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Jones will just wait until he's cut, reinstated, and sign him. Already knows he wants to play their thanks to the lack wit Peterson playing footsy with him on the phone.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Demi wrote:Jones will just wait until he's cut, reinstated, and sign him. Already knows he wants to play their thanks to the lack wit Peterson playing footsy with him on the phone.
He would have to pass through waivers. Jerry might consider trading for him with a contract restructure.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

either way what a total mess this effects everything from the top down. the organization is truly between a rock and a hard place on this one. as far as the legal process goes that could take a year for all we know. are there any photos out there yet?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

DKSweets wrote:He would have to pass through waivers. Jerry might consider trading for him with a contract restructure.
Can this happen? Could a trade take place if we simply released him, or let on we were thinking of it?