Should we trade Adrian?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Should we trade Adrian?

Post by DK Sweets »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Can this happen? Could a trade take place if we simply released him, or let on we were thinking of it?
You can't trade a released player, no, but of course we could trade him now.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Staying out of the morality argument of what Peterson did, you can only view Peterson in the same light as Mike Vick when the dog scandal broke out. I'm not comparing the two behaviors, but I am comparing the two mens reputations. Right now Peterson is viewed in terrible light by a significant portion of the NFL's fans as a child abuser. Nothing is now going to change this. Even if he is found not guilty, people will never look at him the same.

Only option for the Vikings is to release him and let him try to put his life back together.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

dkoby wrote:Staying out of the morality argument of what Peterson did, you can only view Peterson in the same light as Mike Vick when the dog scandal broke out. I'm not comparing the two behaviors, but I am comparing the two mens reputations. Right now Peterson is viewed in terrible light by a significant portion of the NFL's fans as a child abuser. Nothing is now going to change this. Even if he is found not guilty, people will never look at him the same.

Only option for the Vikings is to release him and let him try to put his life back together.
So one strike and he is out huh :?: I am all about forgiveness and this is certainly no exception.
As a side bar, I could see AD getting signed with the Bears or Lions and that would really suck to have to face him 2X's a year.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

Initially I thought they would release/terminate him, I don't think that will be the case anymore. I've come around to believe we're going to see a public apology from Peterson, accompanied by statement from the Vikes highlighting this is not a monster but a misguided Father who made a very serious mistake which he will deal with the repercussions of. Peterson will announce he is seeking help, counseling, parenting classes in an effort to become a better Dad. A sizable donation to Child abuse charities from Peterson. He's probably going to be deactivated/suspended for another 2-4 games. In the meantime preparations will be made for his exit this coming offseason.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

nightowl wrote:Initially I thought they would release/terminate him, I don't think that will be the case anymore. I've come around to believe we're going to see a public apology from Peterson, accompanied by statement from the Vikes highlighting this is not a monster but a misguided Father who made a very serious mistake which he will deal with the repercussions of. Peterson will announce he is seeking help, counseling, parenting classes in an effort to become a better Dad. A sizable donation to Child abuse charities from Peterson. He's probably going to be deactivated/suspended for another 2-4 games. In the meantime preparations will be made for his exit this coming offseason.
I would be fine with that scenerio :thumbsup:

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
nightowl
Career Elite Player

Post by nightowl »

Purple bruise wrote: I would be fine with that scenerio :thumbsup:

Keep in mind I'm not advocating that course of action, I just think that's what's going to happen. Personally I don't know what the heck to do about it if I was in charge.
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Purple bruise wrote: So one strike and he is out huh :?: I am all about forgiveness and this is certainly no exception.
As a side bar, I could see AD getting signed with the Bears or Lions and that would really suck to have to face him 2X's a year.
Well, I'm with you on the forgiveness part. I'm not wading into the morality of this. However, there are still people who would never cheer for Mike Vick or any team that would employ him. It's about money. It comes from us fans. It's more about PR than anything. I'm also talking about the business side of this, not the personal.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

dkoby wrote: Well, I'm with you on the forgiveness part. I'm not wading into the morality of this. However, there are still people who would never cheer for Mike Vick or any team that would employ him. It's about money. It comes from us fans. It's more about PR than anything. I'm also talking about the business side of this, not the personal.
I am sure that this will "come out" one way or the other, has he done this type of behaviour before or was this an isolated incident? That will have a HUGE bearing on the public opinion of AD.

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:He had little value before this given his age/position/salary. Why would anyone touch him now?
He had very little value? We're talking about a player that was viewed by every national publication as AT WORST the third best at his position this year, and most said he was number one. Let's not let personal feeling judge what his value was. His value surely has dropped now, but let's not get crazy.