Patriots @ Vikings Predictions (Week 2)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Who will win the week 2 match up between the Vikings and Patriots?

Vikings
64%
Patriots
36%

Total votes: 47

ATL_Viking
Backup

Re: Patriots @ Vikings Predictions (Week 2)

Post by ATL_Viking »

Curious to see what Pats try to do defensively. I'm assuming they try to put 8 in the box and bring A gap pressure.
PurpleHalo wrote: You get the last laugh, you have Philly Connection, we do not.

And you are Viking so :rock:
No one here knows the joy of hot dish or walleye, tho...good with the bad...
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

NE 21 MIN 16... I am glad it is ahome game tho...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

ATL_Viking wrote:I typo'd. Then, I became the butt of jokes. Then, my state of residence became the butt of jokes.

Legit.

26-16 vikes.
I was totally just messing. I'm from Alaska. I went to college in Fort Valley GA. Wasn't serious at all. Sorry.
tleiviska
Practice Squad

Post by tleiviska »

Dmizzle wrote:I picked vikings defense on my fantasy...just saying.

So did I. I told the other guys "well, I'm going to be the smart one, go below the 'top 15' list, and put my faith in one of this year's top 10, maybe 5....MINNESOTA D". I'm pretty sure they'll have my back this year. Got my faith in Zim!
SKOL VIKINGS
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Well, as near as I can tell, all the talking heads except one picked the Patriots to beat the Vikings. The one. Florio.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Raptorman wrote:Well, as near as I can tell, all the talking heads except one picked the Patriots to beat the Vikings. The one. Florio.

Oh God. The prophesy is coming true.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

akvikingsfan wrote: I was totally just messing. I'm from Alaska. I went to college in Fort Valley GA. Wasn't serious at all. Sorry.
I don't think he was really upset. If he was, I was just playing, too...but it's fun to poke fun at each other.

(I consider it poking FUN, just like I would if somebody did the same to me. Let's not take ourselves too seriously, here, we're not Bill Belichick...)
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@DerekWetmore -- Cordarrelle Patterson, when asked about Darrelle Revis, said he's such a shutdown corner that some teams won't throw his way. "But with this offense, man, we’re not scared of anybody, we’re trying to attack everybody," Patterson said. "We want to attack your strength. There’s no use is running away from you."
I'm guessing Revis is going to be saying, "Bring it on."
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

dead_poet wrote: I'm guessing Revis is going to be saying, "Bring it on."
I'm not saying Patterson is the better player, but I'm fine with us taking chances at ANY CB with Flash. I mean....he's named after a superhero, right? Flash might not be Megatron, but at least we have something better than Miles Austin. That dude is named after the two-tailed fox from Sonic the Hedgehog.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

808vikingsfan wrote:Ed Reed also picked the Vikings.
Woah, what is Ed Reed doing these days?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

DKSweets wrote:Woah, what is Ed Reed doing these days?
I think he's on Showtime. As is Brandon Marshall.

The achilles heel for this team (even before last year's terrible defense) has been pass catching RB's and TE's. Hopefully Zim has an answer for that but until I see it on the field, I have to go with the Patriots.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

S197 wrote: I think he's on Showtime. As is Brandon Marshall.

The achilles heel for this team (even before last year's terrible defense) has been pass catching RB's and TE's. Hopefully Zim has an answer for that but until I see it on the field, I have to go with the Patriots.
So does Brandon Marshall do an offseason intern-type thing (like Ryan Clark for ESPN) or is he a part of the weekly show?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

DKSweets wrote:So does Brandon Marshall do an offseason intern-type thing (like Ryan Clark for ESPN) or is he a part of the weekly show?
I've only seen it a few times but it sounded like he would be a regular. You would think with practice and stuff that would be difficult but maybe they're going to do it via satellite.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

Here's a pretty good site that tracks picks from the pundits: http://nflpickwatch.com/

Several don't have their picks in yet but ... get ready ... sit down if you're standing up ... Mike Ditka is picking the Vikings.

Cris Carter had the Rams last week; he's taking the Vikings this week.

If I had to pick one guy to hang my hat on from this group it would be Jaworski (after all he watches 732 hours of tape each week). He is (predictably) going with the Pats. I think most of those east coast sports media guys all have very serious man crushes on Brady.

Beware of the consensus though. Last week the Bears had the highest consensus at 99% and of course the Bills won.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Isn't Randy Moss supposed to be doing something? Has that been on? Has anyone caught it?