When will we see more of Mckinnon?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

losperros
Commissioner

Re: When will we see more of Mckinnon?

Post by losperros »

Demi wrote:Our offense isn't good enough to rely on pass protecting route running read making "solid" players to win. We need instinctive, explosive, play makers to put points on the board.
I agree. Seems to me that even if they're rough around the edges at this point, both McKinnon and Banyard are more explosive threats than Asiata.

Not that Asiata shouldn't play, but I'm hoping the Vikings don't just nominate him as the sole guy at RB.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

losperros wrote:
Not that Asiata shouldn't play, but I'm hoping the Vikings don't just nominate him as the sole guy at RB.
I'm one of the few that like Asiata on here and I completely agree with you. Asiata is a complimentary back. He shouldn't be your primary. Use him for short/goal line/passing situations and let someone else be primary. I think they're just too worried about getting Cassel killed if someone else has to block.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

Too bad we missed on Terrance West in the draft. Browns took West at #94 overall; we took McKinnon at #96. There were reports that we were interested in West and I think if both had been on the board we would have taken West (safer pick) ahead of McKinnon. With Ben Tate out in Cleveland, West is now their starting RB. He's 4th in rushing and looks like the real deal.

I like McKinnon's potential as a smaller change-up type back (ala Darren Sproles) but you have to wonder how long it will take for him to make the transition from a small college QB to NFL running back (assuming of course that he can make that transition). Also think the expectations for him this year are waaaay too high; probably the result of his workout warrior performance at the Combine.