Predict our TV announcer team: Week 2

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Predict our TV announcer team: Week 2

Post by NextQuestion »

Usually released on www.the506.com on Wednesdays

This game stinks of a Greg Gumbel CBS invasion. A big profile team like the Pats won't go below the 2nd team
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Predict our TV announcer team: Week 2

Post by Reignman »

I'm just glad it can't be Dierdorf (because he finally retired :rock: ) and it can't be Aikman/Buck because it's on CBS. I'm guessing it'll be Gumbel/Green because Eagle/Fouts will probably do the Chiefs/Broncos game.

Possible pairings:

Jim Nantz/Phil Simms (Thursday night crew)
Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts
Greg Gumbel/Trent Green
Kevin Harlan/Rich Gannon
Spero Dedes/Solomon Wilcots
Andrew Catalon/Steve Beuerlein
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I guess Kevin Harlan.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote:506 is update. We got Gumble/Green.
That was Week 1 for Patriots Dolphins game in our market. Read a tweet we got Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts. Good crew but I'll be at the game :rock: :rock:
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

Crap! i forgot this is a CBS game. I like FOX so much better.
NextQuestion
Career Elite Player

Post by NextQuestion »

Superfreak84 wrote:Crap! i forgot this is a CBS game. I like FOX so much better.
There's just something more big time feeling with FOX NFL. It's unfortunate that Billick is gone with Brennaman but I do really like Kevin Burkhart and John Lynch as the #2 team
Pull yr 84 jerseys out.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I hope it's Kevin Harlan. I kinda like his style.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

808vikingsfan wrote:New England @ Minnesota -- Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts [AK; HI] (Yay! Hawaii!)

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2014&wk=2

Over half the country is going to get this game. Hoping for a good showing but it sure feels like it's setting up to be a big loss.
What is going on in Eastern Texas? A little bit of this, a little bit of that. Weird.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Funkytown wrote:What is going on in Eastern Texas? A little bit of this, a little bit of that. Weird.
My best guess:

The yellow area that's getting Miami vs. Buffalo looks like it encompasses College Station, where Texas A &M is located. Miami QB Ryan Tannehill played college football there so I'm guessing he's still considered a ratings draw in that part of the state.

The Dallas and Houston areas get Jacksonville vs. Washington because the Jags are in the Texans division and Washington and Dallas are long-time divisional rivals.

The rest of the state gets NE @ MIN, presumably because it's considered the top game on CBS at that time.

I'm wondering why the southernmost tip of the state gets Jacksonville @Washington.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Mothman wrote: My best guess:

The yellow area that's getting Miami vs. Buffalo looks like it encompasses College Station, where Texas A &M is located. Miami QB Ryan Tannehill played college football there so I'm guessing he's still considered a ratings draw in that part of the state.

The Dallas and Houston areas get Jacksonville vs. Washington because the Jags are in the Texans division and Washington and Dallas are long-time divisional rivals.

The rest of the state gets NE @ MIN, presumably because it's considered the top game on CBS at that time.

I'm wondering why the southernmost tip of the state gets Jacksonville @Washington.
I'm sure RGIII's time at Baylor has something to do with that pull as well. As for that southern point, it could just be a weird market decision to pull on RGIII/Jacksonville (Houston's division) to grab ratings. You wouldn't think Houston would pull a big rating, but hey....it's Texas. Who understands them anyways?

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DKSweets wrote:I'm sure RGIII's time at Baylor has something to do with that pull as well.
Good point but isn't Baylor in Waco? Odd that it looks like they're getting the Miami game when the surrounding area is getting Jacksonville vs. Washington. You would think they'd get the game with RGIII! Maybe Texas A&M love trumps that?

Oh, well.. .the point is college football markets sometimes influence these things.
As for that southern point, it could just be a weird market decision to pull on RGIII/Jacksonville (Houston's division) to grab ratings. You wouldn't think Houston would pull a big rating, but hey....it's Texas. Who understands them anyways?
Excellent point.