I believe the Vikings are a playoff caliber team

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Vikings are a playoff caliber team

I'm in. The Vikings are for real.
36%
They're on the way there but not quite yet.
45%
Not yet.
9%
Not even close.
9%

Total votes: 53

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: I believe the Vikings are a playoff caliber team

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Not after today they are not.

Defense still has too many questions. Our offensive line looked just awful. Cassel - yikes, what a bad game he had today.

The season is still young, but I think most of us realized that this team isn't going to the postseason this year. Last week may have just been an anomaly just to toy with our hearts.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Odlid
Backup

Post by Odlid »

NOT EVEN CLOSE, unless the Division completely sucks balls. The O-line, receivers, and secondary are still horrible. Our top-horse has rocks in his head and has been deactivated. Gonna be a long time before this team is respectable again. :wallbang:
Last edited by Odlid on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback; and not necessarily in that order." - Bud Grant
Purpnation
Franchise Player

Post by Purpnation »

Odlid wrote:NOT EVEN CLOSE, unless the Division completely sucks balls. The O-line, receivers, and secondary are still horrible. Out top-horse has rocks in his head and has been deactivated. Gonna be a long time before this team is respectable again. :wallbang:
Right, I didn't understand the optimism from our fans leading up to the season. I think we will compete with this regime, but not this year.
DarthBrooks
Transition Player

Post by DarthBrooks »

I would put some of the lackadaisical play down to the Peterson story. The heart of the team wasn't there today, with AD being gone and more to the point, being involved in troubling circumstances. Week one the Rams were dealing with losing a star player and the results were similar.

If Tom Brady gets hit with a bus mid week we know there's some kind of traveling curse.

The team will get better.