Do We Have A Good Chance Against Patriots At Home?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Do We Have A Good Chance Against Patriots At Home?

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Pseudo Everything wrote: ESPN is reporting that the Vikings have deactivated him for Sunday's game. There's a warrant out for his arrest so I don't see how he could have played.
Bail. Atheletes have been arrested and then subsequently played in their teams next game before. The suspensions are typically handed down after a guilty charge, not accusation. However, because of what's happened recently, the Vikings needed to sit him for at least Sunday because it would be hard to justify him playing. If this was 2 weeks ago, I bet he would still be on the field come Sunday.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

I have no idea how they win this game now. Odds probably changed quite a bit in Vegas as well.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I am a jinxing ####.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Not now. NE is going to focus on shutting CP down. Asita doesn't even scare me, he isn't going to scare NE. The D would have to play a perfect game, and score the points for us. Just because AD didn't do much last week doesn't mean he isn't the most feared RB in the NFL. Asista, not so much.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Bail. Atheletes have been arrested and then subsequently played in their teams next game before. The suspensions are typically handed down after a guilty charge, not accusation. However, because of what's happened recently, the Vikings needed to sit him for at least Sunday because it would be hard to justify him playing. If this was 2 weeks ago, I bet he would still be on the field come Sunday.
Well ... I'm thinking more about the logistics of making bail and still playing in Sunday's game. The warrant was issued this afternoon. He has to appear in Conroe, TX. This is a child endangerment charge not some petty misdemeanor where there's a scheduled bail amount and it's like an assembly line. It seems to me that a judge is going to have to set bail in this case. Can he appear before a judge in Conroe, TX and still be able to get back to Mpls for the noon kickoff? (I know this is a moot point now that the he's been deactivated)

One thing Adrian has going for him is that his attorney is Rusty Hardin. Probably the best defense attorney in the state of Texas. And the most expensive as well. He's handle a lot of very high profile cases over the years.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Oh boy, with Mr. 3.0 ypc getting the start, we're suddenly 1 dimensional with Catty Massel. I hope Zims D can hold the Patriots to around 20 points for us to have a chance now.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

Reignman wrote:Oh boy, with Mr. 3.0 ypc getting the start, we're suddenly 1 dimensional with Catty Massel. I hope Zims D can hold the Patriots to around 20 points for us to have a chance now.
I would like to see Joe Baynard signed from the PS. Could waive either Watts or Line to make room for him. I don't see AD playing for awhile. Can't have just Asiata and McKinnon as our only RBs.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Ray Rice is available...
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Ray Rice is available...
:lol: Shut your lips...lol
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

Pseudo Everything wrote: I would like to see Joe Baynard signed from the PS. Could waive either Watts or Line to make room for him. I don't see AD playing for awhile. Can't have just Asiata and McKinnon as our only RBs.
That would be nice, but unfortunately Asiata would still get the start. I guess if Zim goes with a good mix of thunder Asiata/Banyard and lightning McKinnon we might be ok vs the Patriots weak run defense. Still going to need the D to step up again.
PacificNorseWest wrote:Ray Rice is available...
Haha, I was going to say well played, but no ... he's not available. He was suspended by the league indefinitely xD. Maybe we can trade Ponder for a decent RB now.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

CP84 wrote:Only running back anyone would trade for ponder is Asiata
I would laugh if I didn't feel like Adrian had just hit me with a switch.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PacificNorseWest wrote:I don't think the league suspends him, but I wouldn't be surprised with what's been going on around the NFL lately, if the Vikings play it safe from a publicity stand point and hold him out.
I'd be shocked if he doesn't receive a suspension. The league is under a microscope right now, if anything he'll probably get a harsher penalty than he would have if this happened, say, last year.
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Reignman »

DKSweets wrote:I would laugh if I didn't feel like Adrian had just hit me with a switch.
Ohhhh man, too soon?

S197 wrote: I'd be shocked if he doesn't receive a suspension. The league is under a microscope right now, if anything he'll probably get a harsher penalty than he would have if this happened, say, last year.
I agree, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was another indefinite suspension. Guilty of child abuse has to rank right up there with knocking your fiancé out in an elevator. The only question is, will it be immediate, or will they wait for the legal process to play out first?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote: I'd be shocked if he doesn't receive a suspension. The league is under a microscope right now, if anything he'll probably get a harsher penalty than he would have if this happened, say, last year.
I agree. I would say 6+ games. I also, now more then ever, would love to see a trade with the Cowgirls. At some point we are going to have to face the fact. He was awesome to watch, but the last thing we needed now, was this. I will miss him, despite this incident, as much as anyone.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Zach Line might be someone who gets some touches tomorrow. I could see him catching some swing passes when it looks like he might be back there to block. He does have a knack for getting the ball upfield once he has it.

Will be interesting to see how Turner adjusts for this game.