Interesting AD article

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Interesting AD article

Post by Texas Vike »

Couple of interesting points come up:

1. The death of his son seems to have caused him to reflect deeply on his life and make some changes:
"It's time for you to really get your life in order," Peterson recalled telling himself. "When all that stuff came down, it's more like, 'Reality check, man.' It's time to start walking the way you know you need to instead of straddling the fence -- knowingly straddling the fence.

"First and foremost, [it was] getting in alignment what God wanted for me in my life and stop [being promiscuous]. I was pretty much doing what I wanted to do, and I could pretty much do that. [It was] just to get in alignment with God, having a wife and really creating that bond and that life. It was more fulfillment knowing the head man is proud and knowing I'm doing it the right way."
2. He states that although Frazier was a spiritual mentor for him, Zimmer is better for the team.
"It was good to have him there, Coach Frazier, but [Zimmer] fits our players better," Peterson said. "That's something I can honestly sit here and say. A lot of guys can't respond to a Coach Dungy, Coach Frazier, guys like that. A lot of guys respond to Coach Zimmer. He's a better fit for the team."
More at link:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11348 ... -death-son
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Interesting AD article

Post by Just Me »

Nice article. Thanks for posting, Texas Vike.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!