Anyone watch NFL Sunday ticket online?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Superfreak84
Veteran

Post by Superfreak84 »

I won't have the Sunday ticket through my TV this year so I'm forced to buy the package through the internet in order to watch the Viking games. Does anyone else watch the games through the internet streaming and if so how good is the quality I'm gonna get. I'm use to HD on a 55 inch TV so I'm pretty spoiled. I would love some of your insight.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: Anyone watch NFL Sunday ticket online?

Post by DK Sweets »

It depends on a lot of factors, but assuming it's the same package as Madden had last year....it depends on how much you love the Vikings.

First of all, the video card in your laptop is going to make a difference. I'm assuming since it has HDMI output, you're going to be okay. The next thing you're going to want to do is stick a DVD that you know looks nice into your computer and optimize the TV display for that output. It will generally look a little different than you Blu-Ray player/gaming system, etc.

You're also going to need to make sure you have a decent processor, because keeping up with the live stream is not an easy task. I would advise plugging your internet in via ethernet cord. It won't make a HUGE difference, but I did notice that it helped.

I would also STRONGLY suggest you login about 15 minutes early, because the servers have a tendency to get overloaded the first 15 minutes of the game,

As for my results last year: I have a 60 inch screen that I connected my (now) 5 year old laptop with Blu-Ray drive, 18 inch screen, and HDMI output. The processor is getting a little old in it, though, and I think that might have held me back. It was the best experience I've had trying to catch the Vikings in my 10 years following the team from Missouri, but it still was not as crisp as a TV feed/Netflix.

This year I'm getting the version where you can connect through your gaming system (for an extra $40) and I'll post my feedback after the first game of the year.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Superfreak84 wrote:I won't have the Sunday ticket through my TV this year so I'm forced to buy the package through the internet in order to watch the Viking games. Does anyone else watch the games through the internet streaming and if so how good is the quality I'm gonna get. I'm use to HD on a 55 inch TV so I'm pretty spoiled. I would love some of your insight.
I would say at max, it's like watching a 720p video on YouTube. There are different quality settings depending on your internet speed but even the max speed to me seemed slightly below HD. It's decent for an internet stream but don't expect anything like HD via cable or satellite. I heard some people had connection issues in the early weeks but I've never had any issues and I've used their service the past two years. The stream is also delayed by 30 seconds or so, one of the more annoying things is the score tracker on the side is live so unless you hide it in some way, it can give away the next play if it's a score.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I remember a couple of years ago I tried Sunday Ticket through the Playstation 3. Honestly, the quality wasn't very good. Last year, I tried Madden's deal for Sunday Ticket. Again, the quality wasn't much better.

I should be able to qualify for Sunday Ticket again this year. Hopefully, they will have fixed it. I am curious to see how it will play through my Xbox One.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Also, there is a post about this in a different section of the board...some of you might like the topic I started in that section.
Montanavike
Waterboy

Post by Montanavike »

I didn't think you could get the NFL package online unless you lived outside the U.S. If there is a way please let me know. I am in FL and have to go to the bar if I want to watch the Vikings. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

You're right; NFL Sunday Ticket is the only legal way to get the out of market games live in the states.