The Future of VMB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Re: The Future of VMB

Post by Crax »

I think the board is pretty good. I've not been around here as long as some of the others, but I don't really view it as worse/better than before. It's also just preseason and the Vikings haven't been that great the last couple years either. I've gotten into a few long winded arguments here and there, but it's all just from the perspective of being a fan. I don't hate anyone that posts here.

I'm not a big fan of aggressive moderation either. Keeping it mostly civil and on topic is good with me. I think the moderators/admins in general have done a good job. I admin a different board and I know it can be a pain dealing with people at times, especially if you ever delete a post or even just give them a warning. Keeping it spam free and up to date on patches can be a bit of work too.
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Texas Vike wrote: When I found VMB it was like fresh air: the collective IQ seemed much higher and, most importantly, folks were DECENT to one another. I have noticed these exceptional qualities of VMB have regressed towards the mean a bit of late, but I think in general it continues to be a pretty civil place for quality dialogue on the Vikings.

I don't really have an answer for your post, Jim, but I have to say that I have always admired the way you engage with others here. You're an ambassador for this board and it would be much worse off without you around.
Agreed, there are some pretty nasty ones out there. This isn't anything like those.
This space available for rent.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I take my original sentiment back. I've been busy the past few days, and reading through the posts it seems like everyone has been at each other's throats. I think it would be a good idea to remind everybody that even if you aren't explicitly being rude, a rude tone can bring a thread down. It's fine to disagree, but it's imperative to respect each other.

Our team is headed up, everyone. We have very little pressure this year and have started building a great foundation. I know that the frustration of being a Vikings fan is probably unrivaled, but we need to huddle together and make it through the storm.

Just make it to Sunday, everyone, I'm positive we'll be happy then!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote: I agree. Unfortunately its a difficult thing to referee, so it primarily falls upon each one of us, to think before we hit the submit button, "Am I being as respectful as possible to whoever I am responding to?" This is particularly if true when we post a disagreement.
Well said (both of you).

I also think we need to all make an effort to assume the best, not the worst, when reading comments by our fellow Vikes fans. If we're not sure what someone meant, better to ask for clarification than to assume the worst.