Vikings sign S Chris Crocker

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Vikings sign S Chris Crocker

Post by dead_poet »

Eli wrote: Those aren't the greatest credentials, you'll have to admit. A guy who typically spends August sitting on the couch and then gets called up later in the season. Eventually, the guy has nothing left to give.
I read that he's never wanted to play for anyone else but Zimmer. It's conceivable the guy received calls to play for another team but turned them down.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

dead_poet wrote: I read that he's never wanted to play for anyone else but Zimmer. It's conceivable the guy received calls to play for another team but turned them down.

If he only gets one interception the whole season, it will be on par with our 'normal' safety play (Outside of Smith, of course). :evil:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... page=2&c=y
A day after he reached out and essentially pulled 34-year-old safety Chris Crocker out of retirement for a third consecutive season, Zimmer said the move had “kind of been planned all along, to be honest with you.”

“He’s been with me for [the past seven years],” Zimmer said. “He’s a good kid. He’s smart. Extremely smart. There’s a pretty good relationship there. His wife is pregnant, so he needs to name his kid Mike.”
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

From what I have been reading he is bringing Crocker in for leadership in the backfield. He knows the system and must have some leadership skills.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

He's probably just here for experience and to make sure Blanton can get back to the field. Sanford/Sandejo/Coleman are all heavy hitters, but they aren't of much use in man coverage.