Zimmer Micd not training camp

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Zimmer Micd not training camp

Post by PurpleHalo »

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 45b583fc69

Psst someone tell Zimmer we don't have 7-11s here. Good video, he seems very involved.
Last edited by PurpleHalo on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
This space available for rent.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Zimmer Micd training camp

Post by Texas Vike »

PurpleHalo wrote:http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 45b583fc69

Psst someone tell Zimmer we don't have 7-11s here. Good video, he seems very involved.

"I can get me a cover-2 corner ANYWHERE; 7-11!"

Fresh air.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

The thread subject should be changed - that wasn't from training camp. It was taped during the June minicamp.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:
"I can get me a cover-2 corner ANYWHERE; 7-11!"

Fresh air.
That comment was pretty funny. He had a couple of good zingers in there (or are they "zimmers"?).

What I actually liked most were the moments when he was talking to Smith and Greenway, letting them know he has high expectations but also encouraging them.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Mothman wrote: That comment was pretty funny. He had a couple of good zingers in there (or are they "zimmers"?).

What I actually liked most were the moments when he was talking to Smith and Greenway, letting them know he has high expectations but also encouraging them.

I like the specific critiques of technique: i.e. too much arm action, "you're like this.... you can backpedal without even using these. Just relax."
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

GBFavreFan wrote:I am very anxious to see Zimmer's work in action on the field. I know people tend to write off preseason, but it can be a pretty good indicator of where things stand, especially for a HC's effect on an overall team/defense. Very optimistic, so excited to see in a game situation.
I'm more anxious to see Zimmer's effect on Sunday. It's one thing to kick a little #### during practice and to be well-respected by your players, but on Sunday you need to control 53 men like they were pieces of a marionette. You need to take control of both the team and of the 60,000+ fans in the stands. That's not something that very many people can do.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Eli wrote: I'm more anxious to see Zimmer's effect on Sunday. It's one thing to kick a little #### during practice and to be well-respected by your players, but on Sunday you need to control 53 men like they were pieces of a marionette. You need to take control of both the team and of the 60,000+ fans in the stands. That's not something that very many people can do.
To put it in Zimmer's own words: "Don't tell me about the labor. Show me the baby." (It sounds like you and he might agree on what you'd like to see.) :)
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Eli wrote: I'm more anxious to see Zimmer's effect on Sunday. It's one thing to kick a little #### during practice and to be well-respected by your players, but on Sunday you need to control 53 men like they were pieces of a marionette. You need to take control of both the team and of the 60,000+ fans in the stands. That's not something that very many people can do.
It's really not something anyone can do but I do agree with your point that respect and good practices only go so far and it's what happens in the regular and post-season games that will matter most.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: It's really not something anyone can do but I do agree with your point that respect and good practices only go so far and it's what happens in the regular and post-season games that will matter most.
I'm especially looking to see how our defense finishes games, especially close ones. I understand there are a lot of factors to work with but, to me, that will be a pretty good litmus test.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:I'm especially looking to see how our defense finishes games, especially close ones. I understand there are a lot of factors to work with but, to me, that will be a pretty good litmus test.
I agree, especially because that's arguably the aspect of the 2013 team in most need of improvement going into this season. If the Vikings had performed better in that area alone last year, they could have been a playoff team.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Mothman wrote: I agree, especially because that's arguably the aspect of the 2013 team in most need of improvement going into this season. If the Vikings had performed better in that area alone last year, they could have been a playoff team.
And I agree as well. For me the most annoying part of last season were the ridiculous late game collapses by the defense. It kept making me want to put my fist through the TV screen while I was watching.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote: I'm especially looking to see how our defense finishes games, especially close ones. I understand there are a lot of factors to work with but, to me, that will be a pretty good litmus test.
How well the team as a whole plays after halftime, after a bye week, and on the road will also be good tests.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: How well the team as a whole plays after halftime, after a bye week, and on the road will also be good tests.
They'll suck after bye and road games, regardless. They just switched coaches, they're still the Vikings. :twisted: :evil:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Ok sorry, I didn't know it was actually from mini camp, but it has spawned some discussion so it's all good.
This space available for rent.