Is Peterson going to do a Michael Jordon?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Is Peterson going to do a Michael Jordon?

Post by headless_norseman »

MINNEAPOLIS -- In the dozens of celebrity softball games she's pitched, like the one she played at Target Field on Sunday night, former U.S. Olympic pitcher Jennie Finch will inevitably get asked to fire her famous rising fastball in toward a hitter. It makes for good theater with the fans who call for it, and because she usually grants the request spontaneously, Finch is able to surprise (or perhaps terrify) hitters used to seeing pitches lobbed to them.

In the All-Star Legends and Celebrity Softball Game on Sunday, though, Finch said she experienced something for the first time: A hitter actually asked her to dial up the heat.

That hitter would be Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, who began ribbing Finch during a Sunday afternoon batting practice session. Peterson only played a handful of baseball games as a kid, he said, and hadn't played in 15 years. If he'd taken any swings since then, he surmised, they might have come when the Minnesota Twins sent him a bat as a gift.

But when he dug in for his second at-bat of the night, he again told Finch not to take it easy on him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/minnesota-vikin ... inch-maybe
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Is Peterson going to do a Michael Jordon?

Post by Just Me »

Nah :)

Just Peterson being competitive (go figure!)

:v):
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Reignman
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Is Peterson going to do a Michael Jordon?

Post by Reignman »

Did you see him play in that softball game xD? Yeah we don't have to worry about him joining any baseball teams anytime soon. He hit a weak grounder in his 1st AB, and it looked like he struck out in his 2nd AB, but I guess he was credited with another ground out. He has a clumsy swing and barely made contact in either AB. And this is SOFTBALL for crying out loud. Then he played center field and dropped an easy fly ball. I could kick AD's a$$ in softball, so if he gets a tryout with a baseball team, then I better get one too lol.
"Our playoff loss to the Vikings in '87 was probably the most traumatic experience I had in sports." -- Bill Walsh