Vikings Rookie Preview

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

AllDay
Rookie

Vikings Rookie Preview

Post by AllDay »

I know some of you guys don't like WalterFootball (I don't always either) but I thought this was a good snipet and projection for our rookie class for those not so familiar.

I know some of you will be upset with the "bust" pick, but I think it really shows how well we drafted in that none of the guys look likely to bust right now.

Here's the link: http://walterfootball.com/rookieforecast2014vikings.php
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Vikings Rookie Preview

Post by dead_poet »

and young veterans Everson Griffen and Brian Robison expected to pick up the slack in Allen's stead.
The writer knows Robison is 31, right?
think Crichton will eventually take over as the starter from Griffen
That's a bold statement and I'm not sure what that would mean for the financial commitment to Griffen. I think he'd probably have more of a shot at being Robison's successor in a few years.

The author also didn't give much evidence for the "bust" to actually "bust." Just a couple of quotes from a QB "guru" (whatever that is) and anonymous other NFL "insiders" viewing him as a much lower pick. The thing is, you could also find the same amount (or more) people that viewed him higher. And who's to say what was said was in any way an accurate reflection of how that evaluator really felt and not just pre-draft BS?

I usually am OK with Campbell's writing, but there's not a lot of substance here.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Most Likely To Bust

Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville - Round 1
Ruh-roh.

AllDay
Rookie

Post by AllDay »

dead_poet wrote: The writer knows Robison is 31, right?
That's a bold statement and I'm not sure what that would mean for the financial commitment to Griffen. I think he'd probably have more of a shot at being Robison's successor in a few years.

The author also didn't give much evidence for the "bust" to actually "bust." Just a couple of quotes from a QB "guru" (whatever that is) and anonymous other NFL "insiders" viewing him as a much lower pick. The thing is, you could also find the same amount (or more) people that viewed him higher. And who's to say what was said was in any way an accurate reflection of how that evaluator really felt and not just pre-draft BS?

I usually am OK with Campbell's writing, but there's not a lot of substance here.
Yeah, the Robison age thing was a little iffy, they probably just lumped them together.

I wasn't the biggest Bridgewater guy predraft, but I think he is very solid and I think that is a solid fit for us. I think if anyone was to bust though of our early picks it would be him or maybe, maybe, Barr (I like Crichton a lot).