Cordarrelle Patterson is just a different cat

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Cordarrelle Patterson is just a different cat

Post by dead_poet »

Overheard: Cordarrelle Patterson defended roommate and fellow receiver Adam Thielen as Thielen mimicked a returner on gunner drills during special teams. The goal for gunners was to strip the ball from the returner, and Patterson didn't like how Thielen was grabbed: "Get your hands off him! That's a receiver, you don't touch my receivers like that."
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Note ... ttle081414
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Robinson saw first-team reps in June workouts, but hasn't stayed healthy long enough to see that role much in training camp.

"Well it's hard to make the club in the tub," Zimmer said. "If you're not going out there and proving it every single day and proving it in the games then it's hard to know."
Interesting comment. I don't think Robinson will be cut but I would start to worry if I were Blanton. There's a lot of bodies at safety and not a whole lot that distinguishes one from the other so far.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

S197 wrote: Interesting comment. I don't think Robinson will be cut but I would start to worry if I were Blanton. There's a lot of bodies at safety and not a whole lot that distinguishes one from the other so far.
Right now, anyone in the secondary who still has two working hamstrings is distinguishing himself.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@mattvensel -- Matt Cassel said Cordarrelle Patterson bribes him with cookies in the hopes of getting the ball more. #Vikings
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

No comment on what kind of cookie? This is important football information. This could affect my fantasy team.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Souhan: Vikings' Patterson has flair for dramatic without the drama
Patterson combines Carter’s strength, Moss’ speed and Percy Harvin’s versatility. He has yet to evoke memories of Carter’s outbursts, Moss’ anti-social tendencies or Harvin’s moodiness.

Patterson is — can you say this about a star NFL receiver? — charming. He looks people in the eye. He goes out of his way to praise his teammates. In 17 games and 17 months in the NFL, he has yet to display a hint of arrogance.

He’s going to get kicked out of the wide receiver guild.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 40971.html
purplereign1
Rookie

Post by purplereign1 »

dead_poet wrote:Souhan: Vikings' Patterson has flair for dramatic without the drama
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 40971.html
O.K. he is very good, but definitely does not have Moss's speed or raw talent at receiver. I would however say he has Harvin's versatility. I will say he has better vision and cutback ability than about anyone I have ever seen.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

purplereign1 wrote:O.K. he is very good, but definitely does not have Moss's speed or raw talent at receiver. I would however say he has Harvin's versatility. I will say he has better vision and cutback ability than about anyone I have ever seen.
Agree 100%...

Moss was like no other receiver in the game's history in terms of POTENTIAL, ABILITY, and RAW TALENT. Calvin may have a claim when it's all said and done. Jerry was a better RECEIVER... But in terms of what CP brings- I agree he is one of the most versatile players I can possibly Imagine... And I agree about his vision and cutbacks, but also his natural instict to set guys up- and just make them look like 75 year olds trying to chase chickens...
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"