Cordarrelle Patterson is just a different cat

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Cordarrelle Patterson is just a different cat

Post by PacificNorseWest »

80 PurplePride 84 wrote: Really? I don't remember that. I remember most people being happy about last years draft class from the moment the 1st round ended other than a few people who really wanted Te'o.

Maybe not dogging. I was ecstatic, but I remember a few just had different guys as their favorite WR's or players from that draft, so they preferred another name to be chosen.

Well done though, Spielman.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Really good article about Patterson and his 2013 season and potential for 2014. Worth the read.

Reception Perception: Cordarrelle Patterson and a Developing Story
http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/recept ... story.html
Just as his ball skills in traffic are underrated, so is his intelligence as a player. Due to his inexperience, some might assume Patterson lacks awareness or is mistake prone. This could not be further from reality. Patterson read, felt out and diagnosed coverage pretty well for a rookie receiver. There are even reports from minicamp that he continues to progress in this regard.

Given his youth and inexperience, he graded out quite well under the Reception Perception microscope. It truly is just reps and his inefficiency as a route runner that is holding Patterson back right now. More playing time should remedy his issues. Even if he just becomes an average route runner, his potential is still quite frightening.

Cordarrelle Patterson could stumble in his development, but the tape, numbers and data evidence so far doesn’t support that. There’s no reason to believe that Patterson can’t become the next dominant wide receiver in the NFL. Perhaps it doesn’t happen in year two, but it is coming. Teddy Bridgewater and Norv Turner’s presence in Minnesota should only increase Patterson’s opportunity for growth.

He is one of the most gifted athletes playing the position, and Reception Perception showed us a developing receiver. Cordarrelle Patterson looks ready to make a jump to greatness at some point. Even if the trip takes time, he’ll certainly make sure the journey is an exciting one.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

dead_poet wrote:Really good article about Patterson and his 2013 season and potential for 2014. Worth the read.

Reception Perception: Cordarrelle Patterson and a Developing Story
http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/recept ... story.html
Thanks, DP. This is a great read and a nice analysis regarding Patterson's development.

I'm expecting big things out of Cordarrelle this year and onward. This article makes me even more certain that he can develop all his skills as a WR.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Still cannot believe it took so LONG for this team to put him on the field. I was one of the many fans screaming at the coaching staff for waiting to play him. He should have been out there extensively beginning week one.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Still cannot believe it took so LONG for this team to put him on the field. I was one of the many fans screaming at the coaching staff for waiting to play him. He should have been out there extensively beginning week one.
Week after week I was thinking the same thing
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Vikings

Coach Mike Zimmer said Cordarrelle Patterson will continue to return kickoffs despite his increased offensive role.

Patterson was the best kick returner in the NFL last season. "We want our best players to get their hands on the ball as much as possible," Zimmer said. "We’re not going to keep him from returning kicks because he is such a dangerous weapon there." Zimmer suggested the jury remains out on whether Patterson will become an equally dynamic wide receiver. "For him to take the next step," Zimmer said, "we’re going to have to see how he gets off a jam and the things that people will try to do to take him away."
Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... page=2&c=y
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

From the Vikings Facebook account;
Well ... Cordarrelle showed up.
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Patterson looks kinda soft in the photos that I've seen of him at camp. Has he gained some weight in the offseason?
PurpleHalo
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PurpleHalo »

Oh he's a cat, that explains why he has such good agility. :D
This space available for rent.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Eli wrote:Patterson looks kinda soft in the photos that I've seen of him at camp. Has he gained some weight in the offseason?
So is he the guy who failed his conditioning test and didn't practice? They said all the players passed except for one and wouldn't name him, but then later CP is seen not practicing....hmmmm
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

HornedMessiah wrote: So is he the guy who failed his conditioning test and didn't practice? They said all the players passed except for one and wouldn't name him, but then later CP is seen not practicing....hmmmm
He didn't take the test due to a foot injury. If someone failed, it wasn't him.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I found it a tad kinda ironic how Patterson said he was feeling great physically in his opening camp interview with the media and now we learn he has had a foot injury. :D
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Regarding the "dogging": there were quite a few complaints about the price Spielman paid in trade to move up and get Patterson. They even re-emerged prior to this year's draft.
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

Greg Jennings wrote:At some point, I'm going to tell my kids I played with Cordarrelle Patterson
Some lofty praise from Jennings.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... -patterson
Mundzo
Waterboy

Post by Mundzo »

I know he is a beast and is set for big things but I'm kind of getting sick of the talk. He could have a 'great' year and still be labelled an under performer.

So much pressure. Internally and externally generated.