Your prized Vikings posessions.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

3Deep
Practice Squad

Your prized Vikings posessions.

Post by 3Deep »

List the Vikings items you have that you cherish the most...

For me...

- Signed, mounted, and framed Carter jersey. My parent's snagged this bad boy for my birthday when I was pretty young, still my favorite thing.
- 9 photos of AD framed in one with an MVP tag and signed.
- Still have the newspaper from the day we drafted Moss.

Hope to collect a lot more stuff soon. What ya'll got?
Ally
Practice Squad

Re: Your prized Vikings posessions.

Post by Ally »

I've kept everything I've ever received from attending training camp - newspapers, schedules, roster lists - dating back to 2009 (maybe earlier, I can't remember). I also have a ticket and program from the preseason game against the Chargers that I attended in 2012.

My prized possession is a football I caught during team introductions during TC in 2009. It was signed by starting FB #38 Naufahu Tahi. It's a full size football that features the Vikings logo on one side. Now they use those cheap mini foam footballs during intros - such a shame. I pushed a kid over and made him cry to get that ball. Before you think I'm a mean-spirited person, that little brat had already caught two footballs and was going to keep them all for himself. His mom was sitting next to him and she turned to me and said "Thank you. He needed to be taught a lesson." then she turned to him and said "See son, that's what you get for being greedy." Tahi isn't very well known but he did score a touchdown against the Giants that year - a hand-off from Farve in the red-zone. I remember jokingly telling my dad that my football just doubled in value. LOL! If the Saints hadn't cheated and we had made it to the SuperBowl, my football might actually be worth something. Either way, it has special meaning to me and I wouldn't sell it for anything. :v):
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

My old Randy Moss jersey. It was the first jersey I ever received. I still have it till this day. It's much smaller because it was a kids jersey but this jersey represents how long I've been sticking by this team. 2018 will make 20 years. This was also a gift given to me by my grandmother. I loved her. I had it rough as a child because I came from a family that didn't have much, especially my grandmother. But I remember anytime the Vikings would be on TV and everyone would come over to watch the game, I would just be praising about how good Randy Moss was. For Christmas, idk how, but she saved up every penny she could to buy that Randy Moss jersey. I used to wear it for every Vikings game I saw on TV up until he got traded. Which ironically my grandmother passed on that same day Randy Moss got traded to Oakland. That was a hard day for me to digest. I think Moss got traded first then later I got a call saying that my grandmother passed away. :(

But all in all, I wouldn't trade my Moss jersey for anything. To anyone else, it's just looks like a regular Moss throwback jersey. To me this is years of memories. Both with watching the Vikings and my grandmother.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

A year or so ago, AD was buying a Cadillac and he took the day to sign autographs and take pics with fans for a few hours at the dealership. I had him sign my Vikings cap, so that is my prized possession.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

My prized Vikings possession is a Vikings helmet signed by the Purple People Eaters: Alan Page, Carl Eller, Gary Larsen and Jim Marshall. I found it in a sports shop in southern Indiana, of all places!
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

My signed Eller and Marshall jerseys
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

When i was younger i used to collect football cards (1990-2000) but once i got into college and eventually the navy that hobby stopped. in 2007, for some reason, i was inclined to start colelcting again, I spent way to much $$ on the hobby and eventually sold of all of my new cards except for all of my Adrian Peterson (and soem other vikings) cards from 2007-2009. I have 4 autographed cards and several other jersesy cards, over half my cards are rookie cards. I have some of my collection scanned to my photobucket here: http://s436.photobucket.com/user/Grasho ... 4855445719

I also have the original "fire chilly" signs that we made for the Packers game the day before chilly was fired, we made the monday star tribune, so we framed the signs, the newspaper clipping and the tickets (the clipping is also on my photbucket, never figured out how to add it as my avatar here).

Last but not least is an Adrian Peterson Autographed football that i received last year from the wife and kids.
Formerly AADPFan
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Mothman wrote:My prized Vikings possession is a Vikings helmet signed by the Purple People Eaters: Alan Page, Carl Eller, Gary Larsen and Jim Marshall. I found it in a sports shop in southern Indiana, of all places!
I'm jealous!

I have an autographed Paul Krause card, a (replica) helmet with Cris Carter's s autograph, and a signed Fran Tarkenton jersey.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Just Me wrote: I'm jealous!

I have an autographed Paul Krause card, a (replica) helmet with Cris Carter's s autograph, and a signed Fran Tarkenton jersey.
I'd say you're doing very well in the Vikings memorabilia department!

I'll never forget the weekend I bought that helmet. My girlfriend and I went to this little town in Indiana to get away for a few days. My car developed problems on the way there and I had to spend almost $500 to get it fixed. Shortly after paying for the repairs, we went into a sports memorabilia store and I saw the helmet. I would have purchased it on the spot if I hadn't just had to unexpectedly spend $500. However, after about an hour of internal debate, I decided I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own a helmet signed by 4 players who are practically the reason I became a Vikings fan. I've never regretted the purchase for a second. :)
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: I'd say you're doing very well in the Vikings memorabilia department!

I'll never forget the weekend I bought that helmet. My girlfriend and I went to this little town in Indiana to get away for a few days. My car developed problems on the way there and I had to spend almost $500 to get it fixed. Shortly after paying for the repairs, we went into a sports memorabilia store and I saw the helmet. I would have purchased it on the spot if I hadn't just had to unexpectedly spend $500. However, after about an hour of internal debate, I decided I couldn't pass up the opportunity to own a helmet signed by 4 players who are practically the reason I became a Vikings fan. I've never regretted the purchase for a second. :)
No kidding. That's a great story. Two questions: 1) You're sure it's authentic, right? :wink: 2) What did your girlfriend think of your purchase? I'm just thinking how cold of a shoulder I would get if in the same situation with my wife. I'd return home with the helmet or my wife. Probably not both.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

dead_poet wrote:
No kidding. That's a great story. Two questions: 1) You're sure it's authentic, right? :wink: 2) What did your girlfriend think of your purchase? I'm just thinking how cold of a shoulder I would get if in the same situation with my wife. I'd return home with the helmet or my wife. Probably not both.
I'm sure you'd still miss her, though... :wink:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:No kidding. That's a great story. Two questions: 1) You're sure it's authentic, right? :wink:
Yes. :)
2) What did your girlfriend think of your purchase? I'm just thinking how cold of a shoulder I would get if in the same situation with my wife. I'd return home with the helmet or my wife. Probably not both.
:lol: She actually encouraged me to buy the helmet and pushed me not to miss the opportunity just because of the unexpected car repairs.
Last edited by Mothman on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Just Me wrote: I'm sure you'd still miss her, though... :wink:
LOL!! :lol:
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

i have the purple people eaters picture signed (a big one)
a mini randy moss signed helmet
an espn the magazine signed by moss that says "the one" across the top
and a brett favre signed picture with the retro jerseys and he has huge smile on his face.
oh and i can't forget the moss mcfarlance retro doll with his afro out that they made directly after the moon playoff game.
smallsnc
Waterboy

Post by smallsnc »

Fran Tarkenton autographed an envelope at my dad's work as well as signed a poster for me.

Chuck Foreman signed poster also.