Viking player you hated to see leave the most

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Delaqure
Franchise Player

Re: Viking player you hated to see leave the most

Post by Delaqure »

I am basing r his on players who I didn't want to see go because I thought they were good players still in their prime years.

1. Randy Moss
2. Brad Johnson
I have a whole slew of vikings that I was sad to see go.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

John Randle and Matt Birk with me
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
King James
All Pro Elite Player

Post by King James »

Now that I think about it Percy Harvin really upset me the most when he demanded for a trade. I loved watching him in college and I remember during the draft process in 2009 I was HOPING the Vikings would get him and when we did I was ecstatic. Bought his jersey and everything. Hadn't been excited for player we drafted since Moss. Then just how the whole process went down when he got traded away from this team just made me hate him. I understand that this is the NFL and it's a business. I know he could careless what someone like me thinks but I really hate him now. The fact that he was injured all season but was blessed to be on a good team that made it to the super bowl and won, makes me hate him even more. I still respect his game but I hate him as a person because he's an ###hole who quit on the team which gave us no other option but to trade him.
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Pepper2Moss »

It's gotta be Moss for me. Daunte was coming off a career year, we had a good complement to Moss in Burleson, and then a swirl of rumors stirred up in the offseason & he was gone in the matter of a week or so. It doesn't help relieve any pain they traded the #1 receiver on the planet at the time for the great Troy Williamson. :roll:
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

Keith Millard, John Randle...Floyd Peters and Tony Dungy for coaches.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Tarkenton, Cris Carter, Page are all viable options but I am sort of leaning towards Kluwe, now that I see the light :cry:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Chestor Taylor ....

was a little tough, as well. A.P. was clearly a step up but i liked Taylor's attitude
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

jackal wrote:Chestor Taylor ....

was a little tough, as well. A.P. was clearly a step up but i liked Taylor's attitude
I really liked Chester too, but didn't he cause a lot of locker room problems, like starting fights?
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Pepper2Moss wrote:It's gotta be Moss for me. Daunte was coming off a career year, we had a good complement to Moss in Burleson, and then a swirl of rumors stirred up in the offseason & he was gone in the matter of a week or so. It doesn't help relieve any pain they traded the #1 receiver on the planet at the time for the great Troy Williamson. :roll:

Pepper sucked his last year with the Vikings (6tds. and 12 ints), got hurt, got fat and his productive career was over. Getting rid of him was a no-brainer.

PASSING
Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
2009 Detroit Lions 8 157 89 56.7 19.6 945 6.0 118.1 3 1.9 6 3.8 38 8 0 14 107 64.8
2008 Detroit Lions 5 115 60 52.2 23.0 786 6.8 157.2 4 3.5 6 5.2 70T 11 3 14 95 63.9
2007 Oakland Raiders 7 186 108 58.1 26.6 1,331 7.2 190.1 5 2.7 5 2.7 59 17 3 21 130 78.0
2006 Miami Dolphins 4 134 81 60.4 33.5 929 6.9 232.2 2 1.5 3 2.2 52 11 1 21 150 77.0
2005 Minnesota Vikings 7 216 139 64.4 30.9 1,564 7.2 223.4 6 2.8 12 5.6 68 16 2 31 169 72.0

As far as Moss, his last year was not his career year by far: he only has 49 receptions

2004 Minnesota Vikings , Moss 49 receptions
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Knoxx
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Knoxx »

Chris Doleman. I felt his career wasn't over which he proved in Frisco. Browner was hard also.
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Pepper2Moss wrote:It's gotta be Moss for me. Daunte was coming off a career year, we had a good complement to Moss in Burleson, and then a swirl of rumors stirred up in the offseason & he was gone in the matter of a week or so. It doesn't help relieve any pain they traded the #1 receiver on the planet at the time for the great Troy Williamson. :roll:

I think I remember Pepper wanting too big of a contract, something like 10 mill.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I really liked Chester too, but didn't he cause a lot of locker room problems, like starting fights?
If he did he kept them in the locker room and made peace afterwards ... not going to the media or tweeting
TJ24
Waterboy

Post by TJ24 »

Moss, Culpepper, Winfield.
Pepper2Moss
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Pepper2Moss »

Can I change my vote to Kluwe? Not that I was very upset when he left, but am hating the way his departure is currently going... Errrr ongoing. :wink:
kurtkeoki
Backup

Post by kurtkeoki »

John_Viveiros wrote:Brad Johnson - seriously. I thought he was a far better QB for winning (not stats) than Cunningham. I think the Vikes would have won a Superbowl with Brad, with the rest of the talent around him.
Another vote for Brad Johnson. Johnson was never a mega talent but Cunningham was so much older. I thought at the time it was a terrible decision by the Vikings and history has certainly verified that. Robert Smith is next on my list. He was a very good RB in his prime.