Don't bet your last dollar that Cassel is the anointed one

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Don't bet your last dollar that Cassel is the anointed o

Post by indianation65 »

Instead of bashing the Vikings starting quarterback, give him a chance. It's his first time to really lead this team. Last year he was volleyed around so much no wonder he was hit and miss. Go Cassel! I'd bet those who do not like him or his play would truly like to be "wrong," and see him have an outstanding year. Am I wrong? TBridgewater has got years to be good/great. MC's just really beginning to be the leader of this team. No harm, we all want the same thing, and that's a winning season and a deep playoff run. Let's see what happens.

Addendum: I did not read all the comments in the post. I'm sure there are some supporters, and those who want Cassel on the bench from the beginning. Either way, with luck, Coach Turner's eyes will see who should lead this team this year! Go Vikes!

...wisdom
...spirits in the wind and the trees
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

indianation65 wrote:Instead of bashing the Vikings starting quarterback, give him a chance. It's his first time to really lead this team. Last year he was volleyed around so much no wonder he was hit and miss. Go Cassel! I'd bet those who do not like him or his play would truly like to be "wrong," and see him have an outstanding year. Am I wrong? TBridgewater has got years to be good/great. MC's just really beginning to be the leader of this team. No harm, we all want the same thing, and that's a winning season and a deep playoff run. Let's see what happens.

Addendum: I did not read all the comments in the post. I'm sure there are some supporters, and those who want Cassel on the bench from the beginning. Either way, with luck, Coach Turner's eyes will see who should lead this team this year! Go Vikes!

...wisdom
Here is what Jaws has to say about him: Ron Jaworski: Matt Cassel is the worst starting QB in the NFL
Pro Football Talk | Jul 1,2014
Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski is unveiling his annual ranking of the NFL’s 32 starting quarterbacks, and the list started with Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel. And not because Cassel is the best.
See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... IjPNh.dpuf http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... 12933.html
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

indianation65 wrote:Instead of bashing the Vikings starting quarterback, give him a chance. It's his first time to really lead this team. Last year he was volleyed around so much no wonder he was hit and miss. Go Cassel! I'd bet those who do not like him or his play would truly like to be "wrong," and see him have an outstanding year. Am I wrong? TBridgewater has got years to be good/great. MC's just really beginning to be the leader of this team. No harm, we all want the same thing, and that's a winning season and a deep playoff run. Let's see what happens.

...wisdom

Good post and I agree 100%.
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
headless_norseman
All Pro Elite Player

Post by headless_norseman »

Purple bruise wrote:
Here is what Jaws has to say about him: Ron Jaworski: Matt Cassel is the worst starting QB in the NFL
Pro Football Talk | Jul 1,2014
Former NFL quarterback and current ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski is unveiling his annual ranking of the NFL’s 32 starting quarterbacks, and the list started with Vikings quarterback Matt Cassel. And not because Cassel is the best.
See more at: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... IjPNh.dpuf http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/ ... 12933.html

Jaworski is a nice guy, but........

Things are getting ridiculous with Ron Jaworski and Johnny Manziel

Remember back at the end of February when ESPN turned Ron Jaworski’s over-the-top thoughts on Johnny Manziel into the major news story of the day? It was everything annoying about ESPN all wrapped up into one neat little package – celebrity obsession, making the news instead of covering it, embracing debate, and the ESPN Echo Chamber turning one analyst’s opinion into a 24/7 news story that everyone else had to pay attention to. Even though Jaworski said those comments on Philly radio, ESPN unapologetically capitalized upon them.

Ron Jaworski originally said he would not draft Johnny Manziel in the first three rounds of the 2014 NFL Draft.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/things- ... nziel.html
A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order.

-- Bud Grant
Ally
Practice Squad

Post by Ally »

I don't like Jaworski but I agree that Matt Cassel is the worst starting QB in the NFL, if he does end up being our starter (I'm praying he won't be). I'd rather have Ponder as the starter than Cassel. Even an unproven rookie like Bridgewater would probably be an upgrade over Cassel.

indianation65
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by indianation65 »

Well, if RJ says it, it must be true. Funny how some Vikes fans want him to suck so that Bridgewater will replace him. I for one would rather start the season at 4-1 minimum, and Cassel be great, then go 1-4 so that he gets benched. Is there really a chance Teddy gets the nod to start the season? Silly question, nobody knows anything about any player or team until 5 to 6 games into a season. I'm hoping for the best, which includes standing behind a tall Cassel!

Addendum: Enough said...don't want to drive that nail in to far!

...wisdom? Who Knows!?
...spirits in the wind and the trees
maembe
Franchise Player

Post by maembe »

indianation65 wrote:Well, if RJ says it, it must be true. Funny how some Vikes fans want him to suck so that Bridgewater will replace him. I for one would rather start the season at 4-1 minimum, and Cassel be great, then go 1-4 so that he gets benched. Is there really a chance Teddy gets the nod to start the season? Silly question, nobody knows anything about any player or team until 5 to 6 games into a season. I'm hoping for the best, which includes standing behind a tall Cassel!

Addendum: Enough said...don't want to drive that nail in to far!

...wisdom? Who Knows!?
We all would love a 4-1 start no matter who is starting. It's not that anyone wants Cassel to suck, it's that he already does suck and has sucked for a long time.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

So Jaws is comfortable in saying that guys like Jake Locker, Chad Henne, and Geno Smith are all better than Cassell?

This is the same guy who has proclaimed that Kaepernick will be the greatest NFL QB of all time.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

HornedMessiah wrote:So Jaws is comfortable in saying that guys like Jake Locker, Chad Henne, and Geno Smith are all better than Cassell?

This is the same guy who has proclaimed that Kaepernick will be the greatest NFL QB of all time.
Wow :o When and where did he proclaim that Kaepernick will be the greatest QB of all time. I would love to see the source/link.

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Never liked jaworski Either as a QB or a Commentator. Cassel is NOT the worst starting QB in the NFL
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Purple bruise wrote: Wow :o When and where did he proclaim that Kaepernick will be the greatest QB of all time. I would love to see the source/link.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/s ... backs-ever
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick received high praise from ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski and managed to take it in stride. "I truly believe Colin Kaepernick could be one of the greatest quarterbacks ever," Jaworski said Wednesday on ESPN. "I love his skill set. I think the sky's the limit."
Not exactly as I remembered it, but still a completely ridiculous statement. Typical ESPN garbage. :espnsx:
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

HornedMessiah wrote: http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/s ... backs-ever
Not exactly as I remembered it, but still a completely ridiculous statement. Typical ESPN garbage. :espnsx:
Right, could be and will be are quite different :wink: Bridgewater could be the greatest QB ever but no one is saying that he will be :)